Best option for Diffuse thinning

There's really no way to limit shockloss as far as I know. It's unpredictable, but usually temporary so long as the hair is healthy. If your hair has become susceptible to DHT and is on it's way out then it likely won't grow back. When HT surgeons plant into diffuse areas they usually compensate for the fact that you could lose the weaker hairs.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 weeks later...

Overall, my observation has been that blades are less invasive but like anything else, it's the proven skill of the surgeon using them and especially when its a case of working within a diffused hair mass.

Meds helping to minimize shock loss is a controversial issue and overall I tend to have the opinion that they do not help significantly because shock loss for the most part is related to how the individual responds to the level of trauma caused by the surgery.

And the more diffused the existing hair is, the more susceptible it can be to shock loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Overall, my observation has been that blades are less invasive but like anything else, it's the proven skill of the surgeon using them and especially when its a case of working within a diffused hair mass.

I totally agree that it depends on the surgeon. Do you think an implanter pen would work just as good?

Meds helping to minimize shock loss is a controversial issue and overall I tend to have the opinion that they do not help significantly because shock loss for the most part is related to how the individual responds to the level of trauma caused by the surgery.

Yeah ive heard mixed storys about this tbh. Some say it will and some say it wont. It quite confusing if im honest.

I think if the hairs on its way out it will more then likely fall due to trauma even if you get all the extras ie fin and prp.

The instrumentation is only as good/effective as the level of skill of the surgeon using them. So even though blades are generally less invasive, they too are only as proficient as the individual(s) using them.

I have personally seen an endless number of cases where diffused weak native hair ends up with shock loss, on meds or not. And the more diffused the hair shafts are, the more likely they will be susceptible to shock.

Still, we cannot deny those cases where some individuals feel that the meds have made a difference with post-op shock loss.

So a part of this equation is not only related to how we all individually respond to the level of trauma, but the meds as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY