What is This on my scalp? (Pictures)

I keep loosing hair.

I am on the edge of a breakdown.

I have now washed my hair 5 times today to make sure all the toppik is out.

What is the yellow/lightbrown grease on my scalp by the hairroots?

Could This be the Reason i keep getting thinned and thinner?

Is it dandruff of some kind

Zoom ind on the picture and you Can see it

I Can not take This shit anymore.?

image.jpg.e4c669ab866fd2f932f81b3cbe63deef.jpg

Looks like seborrheic dermatitis to me.

I suggest you buy Nizoral 2% shampoo, and wash you hair with it twice a week only for 2 - 4 weeks.

Then once weekly with a regular shampoo in between. Try not to wash your hair every day either. Every other day is best. I literally wash mine 3 / 4 times a week only. 5 times a day is excessive!

could this be why my hair keep getting worse? i use nizoral 1 % 1-2 times a week and have been for a long time along with finasteride. do you think that is ok or do i need stronger nizoral?

Buy the stronger one, and use like I say.

Report back in 4 weeks. I'd be interested to track your progress.

Hard to judge from photos but make sure its not scalp ringworm (tinea capitis). I had ringworm infection which started around 7 months post my fue transplant. Its uncommon in adults and mainly affects children so i think that it had something to do with dermarolling combined to minoxidil apllication advised by clinic, normal sebum production protects scalp from infection but dermarolling causes small wound which can get infected.

Ringworm infection causes brittle hair which breaks of easily leaving bald patches with stubble remaining. Usually the infected scalp area looks scaly/reddish. Nizoral shampoo/Head and shoulders can help to relieve symptoms but wont kill the fungi. In case of ringworm you need to take oral antifungal medication like terbinafine for several weeks. I shed lots of hair but majority have started to grow back now when i started the medication. Go to see dermatologist to find out what's going on!

Edit: i took a closer look and pretty sure its infection!! I contacted the clinic and told them not to advise dermarolling for patients as i seem not to be the only infected case! I had similar symptoms. Get on medication asap!!

First terbinafine dose gave me horrible anxiety, vivid nightmares, panic attack and depression so be prepared. Now recovering from infection and feeling great.

I really feel your pain mate. I didn't know what was going on until i made some research, i avoided social contacts with people and felt bad. It was such a relief when i realized it was infection and started to treat it succesfully. Google scalp ringworm and see photos to find out if that's the case. IMPORTANT!!!!! Ringworm is often mixed with seborrheic dermatitis so make sure to see your dermatologist for proper diagnosis!!!! Good news is that it doesn't cause permanent hairloss if treated before it turns to kerion.

All the best , hope you recover fast.

Edited by Jugendlich

Hard to judge from photos but make sure its not scalp ringworm (tinea capitis). I had ringworm infection which started around 7 months post my fue transplant. Its uncommon in adults and mainly affects children so i think that it had something to do with dermarolling combined to minoxidil apllication advised by clinic, normal sebum production protects scalp from infection but dermarolling causes small wound which can get infected.

Ringworm infection causes brittle hair which breaks of easily leaving bald patches with stubble remaining. Usually the infected scalp area looks scaly/reddish. Nizoral shampoo/Head and shoulders can help to relieve symptoms but wont kill the fungi. In case of ringworm you need to take oral antifungal medication like terbinafine for several weeks. I shed lots of hair but majority have started to grow back now when i started the medication. Go to see dermatologist to find out what's going on!

Edit: i took a closer look and pretty sure its infection!! I contacted the clinic and told them not to advise dermarolling for patients as i seem not to be the only infected case! I had similar symptoms. Get on medication asap!!

First terbinafine dose gave me horrible anxiety, vivid nightmares, panic attack and depression so be prepared. Now recovering from infection and feeling great.

I really feel your pain mate. I didn't know what was going on until i made some research, i avoided social contacts with people and felt bad. It was such a relief when i realized it was infection and started to treat it succesfully. Google scalp ringworm and see photos to find out if that's the case. IMPORTANT!!!!! Ringworm is often mixed with seborrheic dermatitis so make sure to see your dermatologist for proper diagnosis!!!! Good news is that it doesn't cause permanent hairloss if treated before it turns to kerion.

All the best , hope you recover fast.

Are you sure?

I googled scalp ringworm and it dosnt look like that.

Could it be the toppik i use Daily tjat clumbs up and make it look like that?

Because when i wash my hair i dont Pres as hard because i dont want my hair to Fall

Do i gently massage shampoo in.

It has the same color as the toppik i used.

Also i dont use minox

And i dont dermaroll

Doesn't it look/feel like that? To me it looks like it might be the case, but not a severe one. I was confirmed by my doc that it was the case.

This is about 1 week back when i buzzed Down without guard.

Here you Can se my scalp better.

What do you Think?

Here on This pic i cannot really se Any of that stuff. ? So thats why i Think it maybe is toppik sticking in the scalp ?

image.jpg.fdc9750cd12936de24671725f8db65b7.jpg

IMHO, it would be beneficial to see a dermatologist for a diagnosis especially if the condition persists and Nizoral is not clearing it up.

If you have health insurance, the office visit should be covered.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY