Debating Between FUT with Dr Radha or FUE with Dr Kapil Dua… Recommendations please:)

Hello guys!

I am debating whether to get an FUT Transplant done with Dr Radha or a FUE Transplant done with Dr Kapil Dua

Both of the Surgeons are endorsed hair and the both charge the exact same price for the above transplants (50Rupee per graft)

I am a norwood 3 vertex or norwood 4… mainly looking to restore my hairline and fill in the temple area

Any help or advice from people that have had transplants by these Dr’s or know people that have had them would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Jake:)

I would say it really depends on your situation. Personally, I believe in 2015 FUT is extremely outdated and FUE is always the best option. That being said, FUT has its advantages. How many grafts are you looking to get? If you're under the age of 50 or looking to get over 3500 grafts, FUT is probably right for you. Otherwise, FUE is generally the answer. Especially if you're looking to shape the hairline. Check out Dr. Bhatti. I had my HT done with him a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. He's only 89 rupees per graft.

Hi Baldinginreverse!

thank you for your reply, i will definitely take that into consideration.

I did speak to Dr Bhatti who believed i was in the earlier stages of balding (more than 50%density) (vs the other drs who thought i was a 3 or 4 on the scale). He believed i only needed 1500 grafts to reshape my hairline and fill in the frontal temple areas vs 2000-2500 with Radha and Dua. I do Believe my pictures were a little deceiving and did not show the true extent as my hair is quite long and cut quite well to hide the thinning. I will look into Dr Bhatti more aswell. Just curious did he perform most of your surgery or was it done by his fellow drs?

does anyone else have any input?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Both FUE & FUT have got their advantages and disadvantages but if you have made up your mind with FUE, then there is hardly anyone of the same skill as Dr. Kapil in India. You should contact him for the same.

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The best FUT doctor in India is Dr.Radha , search her Patients here ... everyone speak very Highly of her work .

she is very Humble and very hard working , so be assured you will have a smashing Result !

I have no idea about Kapil dua

I must say that of you’re looking for FUT there are many good & highly experienced surgeons in India so Dr Radha sure could be good but I have personally never heard about her. But as I said if you plan for FUE none other than Dr Kapil Dua.

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hello Shakeyjakey, I just had my FUT done by Dr Radha on 24th April. I'm still in vizag. I think we've made the right choice. Dr Radha's skill is certainly excellent. Doing an FUT first is more cost effective and helps conserve the donor area from the microscarring from numerous puncture wounds. After doing an FUE, it is more difficult to do an FUT. I intend to probably do other refinements in future thru FUE in future.

I have been researching HT surgeons both in USA, Europe and India thus far. With regards to quality and price combination you cannot go wrong in choosing any recommended surgeons on this forum from India.

I have also seen some very fine surgeons from New Delhi/Hyderabad and Bangalore area with excellent skills and those surgeons are not yet recommended on this forum. I would personally go for FUE specially if you have limited donor hair and to avoid donor scarring.

Again this is only my personal opinion I have found these Indian docs to be the best as per my research and having interacted and spoken to some of their patients - Dr. Kapil Dua - New Delhi, Dr. Bhatti - Chandighar, Dr. Madhukumar - Bangalore, Dr. Venkat Mysore - Bangalore, Dr. Arika Bansal - New Delhi.

Again this is what my own little research into the surgeons, techniques and results (including talking to some of the surgeon's patients) tells me, please do note that Dr. Madhukumar, Dr. Venkat Mysore and Dr. Arika Bansal are not YET recommended on this forum. But their results are as good as those who are recommended in here. All the above ones also do body hair transplant as well. (body to scalp)

At the end, all the best with whomever you choose, I hope you get great results, please do share your experiences here. Thank you.

My Thread: 

@tofuparty Well it starts with my story. I'm aged 22 and my display picture is my hairline before the procedure. I was not sure whether I was balding or whether my hairline was simply that high before my procedure. Since I was 17 I've been noticing that my hair was tremendously receded. I always made me very self conscious with my fringe.

In December 2014, I decided that I wanted to get my hair, and my confidence, back. I'm aged 22. These are the best years of my life, and I'm not just gonna let it slip away. I researched on this forum and found that the two most value for money FUT doctors were either Dr Pong in Thailand or Dr Radha in Vizag, India. I emailed Dr Radha and we booked the appointment for 24th April.

The day finally arrived and I was in Vizag. I stayed at Hotel Meghalaya. Next day morning I was in here clinic discussing my desired hairline. She was reluctant to restore my temples as she believed that I will have further recession, but I insisted on it. She drew the hairline and I approved of it. Estimated grafts 3500.

Next thing, I was whisked away into the operating theatre. I was lying face down and administered local anaesthetic to the back of my scalp. I laid there in that position for an hour or two. After the donor area was harvested, I was show by the technicians how the hairs were harvested. I then proceeded to have my lunch.

Once I was done, it was time to put the grafts in the front. Again local anaesthesia. But I was feeling some discomfort from resting my head on the edema at the back of my head. Dr. Radha had to put me in IV drips and numb the donor area a few times.

The end result was very good. The temple hairs were clearly selected for fineness and were angled to match my original temples. Was made to wear a headband for 3 days to prevent the swelling migrating to the face. I'm now back in Singapore. Everything is going fine. It is Day 9 now. I haven't lost any grafts (actually I lost 2 hairs on day 2 at the temples, noticed it after taking out the gauze, but other than that nothing). Hopefully I get good results in time to come.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry i just looked at this now, i thought i was set to get email updates. I have just received a hair transplant with Dr Radha and i was very pleased. Im Day 4 post surgery now.

When she saw me it was deemed that my balding wasn’t as bad as we had originally thought and my density was too high to restore the mid / crown area but what she did do was use 2300 grafts to bring my hairline back to hopefully how it was when i was 18:)

We shall see in 6 months to a year how the results pan out, but i am very confident. I will probably look at doing a FUE in the future as my balding progresses, to fill in the crown and middle area and place some grafts to cover the donor scar but even with my hair quite short i can’t see the sutures

Im not sure how to upload an image otherwise i would