Ingrown hairs

On an average of every 3 days I seem to have another hair that is trying to make its way to get some fresh air, but having a little trouble getting out. This causes an ignrown hair that forms a pimple. By applying light pressure it pops. I think I remember being told thats what I'm suppose to do to free the new baby. Is this correct?

What do I apply after the puss is released? Neosporin?

----------------------------------------------------------

On an average of every 3 days I seem to have another hair that is trying to make its way to get some fresh air, but having a little trouble getting out. This causes an ignrown hair that forms a pimple. By applying light pressure it pops. I think I remember being told thats what I'm suppose to do to free the new baby. Is this correct?

What do I apply after the puss is released? Neosporin?

dtrojanz,

progress is going great. They just keep multiplying icon_smile.gif Tomorrow marks 11 weeks. I need to show some pics and update my site shortly

I found that letting the shower head pound water as hot as i can stand it onto my scalp for 5 minutes or so, seems to keep the ingrown hairs at a minimum..probably opening up the pores or something...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

im only on week 5,but i have some ingrown hairs showing up. I assume that means that the growth is starting, but isnt this way too early??

adamk

I've had some popping out for two weeks now (1 every two days or so), so I guess it's normal. I'm 6 weeks post-op now.

70% of the hair fell out at week 3 and 4 and now some are coming in for me at week 5 but do you guys have any areas where there is NO hair and it looks like nothing is going on? I do and it makes me nervous. I did the hairline.

5 weeks is pretty early actually.....on average, nothing happens for three months...i wouldnt worry about it until after 5 months actually...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Rage,

Gotta relax a little man. From ALL of the research I've done (and its quite extensive) the hair typically won't start coming in until the 3 month marker at the earliest, but it seems more common that it happens around month 4-5. Sucks, but thats our reality for now icon_smile.gif If you dont see anything poppin up around month 7 or eight, then I would say you need to have a conversation with your doc. BTW, who did you go to?

Micro,

one to two hairs a day!! At that rate, I'll have a killer hairline in about 1000 weeks! I think that your just a few days ahead of me, so for sure keep me posted on how things go with you. Im taking rogain and proscar every day, how about you? also, what was your exact deal again? I had a little over 3000 in my front hairline and Dr.Aramni expects it to come out denser than Cureus's!!! I sure hope so, well good luck.

- Adam

I'm using rogaine and proscar as well (I'm a fanatic when it comes to following post-op instructions). I've had a total of 3350 (500 fue + 2850 strip) transplanted in the hairline area, and I was also going for the 'cureus' results. I can't wait until those damn grafts start coming back.