Day 8-9 white scabs falling off. Sound safe?

MH,

You should still have the crusts which are the tips of your grafts that show above the scalp line. These tips dry out and turn into crusts and appear grey or whitish in color.

They can be removed between day 7-10 post-op and many guys find that removing them in the shower works best with slightly warm water and shampoo and then after waiting 10 minutes or so, begin to rub them off.

Many of them will contain the graft hair stubbles when removed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@gillenator - No real crusts to speak of believe it or not. I'm pretty sure the ATP significantly reduced them (which is what my Dr. said if I used it as directed). It's revolutionary.

The ATP has kept my head super moist the entire time so far (I'm 9 days out). I have a small bit of flaking but that's about it.

20150412_231145922_iOS.jpg.00d1f79669da9e92c827690380e6d1f2.jpg

Edited by ModernHair

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I've heard if you are real aggressive with keeping the grafts wet the first couple days that it will significantly reduce crusting overall. That could a myth. Either way, the crusts aren't a big deal....I just washed mine out late last week and hardly any hairs came off.

Someone suggested rubbing gently with 2 fingers in a circular motion after they are soaked in the shower for a few minutes and see what comes off. The ones that don't come off that first time with gentle circular rubbing....just keep trying each time you shower, all will eventually come off after a couple days. I think 75% of mine came off after the first time and the other 25% the next day.