Shedding on Dutasteride, RU, Minoxidil Combo

RocketMan

Hello all,

After getting a second hair transplant last year (repair), over the course of the year 2014 my hair loss got gradually worse, to the point where I was no longer able to take finasteride for several months due to brain fog at the end of the year. I made a commitment at the start of 2015 to take control and not let it get any worse. So I got back on finasteride, switched brands from Finpecia to Dr Reddy's Finax and have added 5-HTP to my routine for serotonin levels. So far this seems to be working :). I also bought Dr Reddy's Dutas, which I have started taking the last 3 weeks (once a week, finasteride other 6 days). I have been using 15% Dual-Gen (no PG) around the same time as restarting finasteride, initially for use in morning and night, but now just once a day in morning, and in the last week have added RU solution to my routine for use at night.

The last week or so my hair has become noticeably thinner on the crown area, and I can see a lot of hair coming out in one go during washing. I believed shedding due to Dutasteride would occur later and not this early.

Should I continue my routine and ride it out?

Any additional comments welcome. Thank you!

Did you just jump straight on Dut or was you on Fin Prior?

Reason why I ask is IMHO taking Dut first time will be proberly be the same effects as taking Fin the first time & from what I've research that upto the first 6/12 mth cause shedding & bare in mind your on a strongest drug for MPB.

I also read that some people who is on Dut do shed esp the first 4 mths & have itchy scalp & pimples coming & going.

My guess is that's all this is part of the process & no different from Fin.

I would just power through this coming mts & I would guess with what you say about shedding can only be positive in the end.

Can not comment on the RU stuff your on & don't know much about it & how that stuff works.

Stick it out bro & things will turn for you.

Best wishes.

Oppp my bad..

I just re read your post & you was on Fin prior & came off due to sides.

Okay well my advice is to same....stick with it but must state for legal terms I'm no Doctor.

Come back on this post in 6 mths & give us a update & also maybe best to take pics to see any progress you may or may not gained.

Good luck

OT

Oppp my bad..

I just re read your post & you was on Fin prior & came off due to sides.

Okay well my advice is to same....stick with it but must state for legal terms I'm no Doctor.

Come back on this post in 6 mths & give us a update & also maybe best to take pics to see any progress you may or may not gained.

Good luck

OT

Thanks for your reply ontop!

Yeah, I'm going to just try and ride it out. I'm aware I need to give the medication time to work. But if this routine doesn't at least slow down my hair loss, I know I am doomed.

I am now thinking I should up my dutasteride dosage to everyday and drop finasteride. As I'm aware that taking it everyday supressed around 90% DHT if I'm not mistaken, just hope the sides don't get too intense again!

I will give an update in due course whether medication has worked...

I'm in the same place as yourself but only on Fin for 5 mths & I feel & looks like I've lost more now than prior Fin / Min & it friggen sucks tbh but I'm just going to stick it out aslong as possible 12/18 mths & then think of Plan B which proberly be Dut if nothing changes.

Keep your dose as you are maybe your body need to adjust & it differs from person to person.

Good luck.