Something about dr Lindsey doesn't add up

hairyjoe

I'd like to consider Dr. Lindsey as he's relatively close to me, but something doesn't add up.

Positives..

He's affiliated/endorsed by Feller.

Spex represents him online.

dr. Lindsey posts lots of cases online.

Negatives...

Even with all these positives going for him it seems like nobody on the boards is using him..or if they are, they sure aren't posting their results.

If he was just bad, I'd expect bad reviews, but nothing...good or bad. Very strange. Any explanations out there?

Joe,

It feels like physician cases come in "waves" on the forums. For a few months, it seems like all results we see come from one physician. Then we don't see patient results from them for a while. Frankly, I've never been able to figure it out.

Dr. Lindsey is an excellent surgeon. He performs surgeries daily. Like all surgeons on the network, however, his patient results come in waves. But this doesn't mean his work isn't great. He's dedicated, very talented, and consistent. I would absolutely recommend him!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have seen Dr. Lindsey for about 2 years now, pending a procedure to improve a poor HT from a clinic in MD that is not recommended here. I find that he is one of the most candid doctors with regard to the scar photos that he posts. You will know what you are getting with him. The many photos I have seen regarding scars are about as authentic as it gets. I've actually noticed many procedures on here (FUT) that don't show the scar in as much depth as Dr. Lindsey. He doesn't hide his results and for good reason, he appears to have better scar results than most that I have seen.

The fact that people don't post could be a privacy request. Many of us just want to move on and be done with the constant posting, especially once we have gotten to a spot that we are happy with. He treats patients with a long-term perspective and doesn't appear to be one that is just trying to get appointments filled. Your best source is to find patients and have a dialogue with them as to their results and their treatment of hair loss.

I also wondered why not alot of Dr Lindsey posting on this site. Just assumed many people in DC area dont do transplants or travel somewhere else.

I am considering going to him since he is very close and havent heard any bad results about his work.

What is the clinic in MD that is not recommended?

Also does Dr Lindsey do FUE or it depends on the patient hair pattern?

• 2 weeks later...

Hairyjoe,

I'd like to jump on the wagon as well. I had a consultation with Dr. Lindsey about 10 months ago. Although I ultimatly ended up going with another surgeon listed on this site, I found Dr. Lindsey an absolute pleasure to speak with. He has all the qualities that you want in a surgeon, he's blunt, honest, reasonable as well as easily accessible with a great personality to boot. My choice with going with another surgeon was in no way a reflection on how I feel Dr. Lindsey's work is, which I believe is stellar. I had made a choice and I stuck with it. But I can def say that my research grew leaps and bounds when I had the pleasure of meeting with him. He will challenge you to seriously consider the surgery, and challenge you even more to evaluate your expectations which is what you WANT a good ethical hair surgeon to do. He truely has his patients best interests at heart, and out of all of the results posted on this site from him, I can only count ONE patient who seemed to have a negative experience with him (in all honesty I believe it was due to the patients expectations rather than the doctors good work.)

I believe Blake is right about good cases coming in waves. Being a patient of a doctor on this site myself, I had nothing but a tremendous experience with my chosen surgeon. I however am not really falling over myself to frequently post on this website about it and constantly remind people about how glad I am I got the procedure. Life gets in the way, and since I've tackled the hair issue, I've kind of moved on.

If you are considering a hair procedure, it will be worth your weight in gold to have a consultation with Dr. Lindsey. There is no high pressure sales pitches or tactics, he will give you honest blunt responses and he will NOT want you to give an answer right there and then. He will actually ask you to take some time and think about what you two discussed. What else could you want from a good consult?

Call him, you won't be dissapointed.

• 4 weeks later...

Kensington,

I went to a doctor outside of the area. I went to Dr. Michael Vories of Carolina Hair Surgery. Tremendous experience, and I'm at 7 weeks post OP now. I haven't gotten around to posting pics yet, but I will soon.

I feel a lot more are turning to FUE, with that, I could envision many would migrate to a FUE only doctor like Vories. I chose him for that reason. Given my locale, close to NYC, I still would have chosen among Vories, Cooley and Lindsey. For the simple fact I was dead set on FUE, liked his punch technique, one also employed by Lorenzo, Vories was a no brainer.