Weightlifting After Hair transplant

Hello,

Just wanted to get a sense of how soon some of you went back to the gym and started back up your regular weightlifting routine without the fear of affecting donor scar outcome? Would 1 year post op be safe since it takes that long to heal or sooner? Thank you!

I started light workouts this week (body weight only) , I am week 3 post op FUT, HT #3 . I expect to progressively return to my normal routine within a month from now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told cardio after week one and after week 2 slowly back on weights... Today is day 15 and I will be doing a very low key bicep and tricep workout... Have to be careful on lifts that engage traps or direct contact with scar... Bench press, shrugs, dead lifts are things to avoid... With anything I would always ask your doctor first... But Dr. Shapiro said I could ease into starting today... Day 15....

Different Doctors have varying opinions on this subject but once the scar has healed and changed colour from red to white will you only be totally sure of not stretching it. That usually occurs between 4-7 months but of course varies from patient to patient.

As Loki said avoid certain lifts and exercises and start off slow with lower weights and higher repetition if you feel a pull at the back of your head/neck then stop.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson