'Hats, concealers and post-op questions' - Dr De Reys, 3000 Grafts & 2300 Grafts FUE

Hello all,

This is Nick Baron here with the next part of Dr De Reys' cases for the forum.

For the previous cases you can look here:

On Dr De Reys' Technique for Making a Hair Line

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177660-making-hairline-dr-de-reys-2700-grafts-fue.html

On Extracting Grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177708-extracting-grafts-dr-de-reys-1640-grafts-fue.html

On Dr De Reys' Views on Medication:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178086-medication-finasteride-minoxidil-dr-de-reys-1280-grafts-1500-grafts-fue.html

This time I'm looking at common post-op questions from patients. Here are some common questions:

1. Can I wear a hat immediately after a transplant?

We do not recommend this due to the risk of infection.

2. Can I wear a concealer like Toppik after a transplant?

You can, but after two weeks.

3. How soon can I return to sports?

After one week for light sports and two weeks for heavy sports (including all contact sports)

4. When can I use gel or wax in my hair after a transplant?

After you have washed your hair for the first time, so after two weeks.

Dr De Reys has answered these questions and many more personally on his Vimeo page.

Here are some more questions you can find answers to there:

What shampoo should I use after a transplant?

Why do transplanted hairs shed?

When can I dye my transplanted hairs?

When can I lift weights after a transplant?

Is there swelling after a transplant?

When can I go to the beach after a transplant?

Is it possible to scratch out the grafts by accident?

What food is good for my transplanted hair?

Do I still need to take medication after a transplant?

You can find the answers to these and many more questions on Dr De Reys' Vimeo Page.

Now, here are two more patient cases:

Patient Case 5: Dr De Reys, 3000 Grafts FUE

FUE performed on a patient who presented with extensive hair loss throughout the scalp.

Treatment plan:

Day 1: 1500 Grafts

Day 2: 1500 Grafts

All grafts were stored using HyperThermosol.

The patient sent follow-up pictures at six months, twelve months and 18 months. The patient was very happy with the result.

Pre-op:

11awih0.jpg

Postop:

34hawk1.jpg

Six months postop:

6h0sig.jpg

12 months postop:

il98oh.jpg

18 months postop:

20zpems.jpg

nyaa8k.jpg

mvr9t1.jpg

Patient Case 6: 2300 Grafts FUE

FUE performed on an older patient who requested a conservative hair line. In line with his age and wishes, Dr De Reys focussed on creating a completely natural look whilst preserving the maximum number of grafts in case the patient wished for more grafts in the future.

Treatment plan:

2300 grafts were implanted over a two-day operation.

Maximum density was focussed around the hairline using single-hair grafts and multi-hair grafts were used throughout the rest of the scalp.

Day 1: 1300 Grafts

Day 2: 1000 Grafts

All grafts were stored using HyperThermosol.

The patient was very pleased with the result and to date has not requested any additional procedure.

Preop:

hx92bo.jpg

243rria.jpg

Post op 12 months:

255mmud.jpg

qrntpt.jpg

25ui33o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Work for him..Really? are you sure mate. I wish, then id get a hair transplant for free haha. I think youve got it totally wrong im simply stating that these are a big improvement to where they started which i know and everyone else on this form knows except you my friend.

The only thing that is obvious is you sir have a hidden agenda against this doctor which is quite blatant because you didnt give any reasonable explanation as to why you think these cases are bad nor can you point me in the direction of better cases then these.

Have a good day. Keyboard worrior :)

Work for him..Really? are you sure mate. I wish, then id get a hair transplant for free haha. I think youve got it totally wrong im simply stating that these are a big improvement to where they started which i know and everyone else on this form knows except you my friend.

The only thing that is obvious is you sir have a hidden agenda against this doctor which is quite blatant because you didnt give any reasonable explanation as to why you think these cases are bad nor can you point me in the direction of better cases then these.

Have a good day. Keyboard worrior :)

Yeah I'm 150% sure you work for him. And I'm not your mate. Youre the one with a hidden agenda to make this doc look good. I've never seen anyone defend a doc so passionately before on this forum. Youre on the payroll. You arent fooling anyone.

Give my regards to your boss, paid troll.

Lool you're really comical you know that. im not even going to entertain you any more because you obviously have to much time on your hands.

Look whos talking about lots of time on their hands.. Youve entertained us enough with your bullshit. Your paid troll work is done now. Go back to part time plumbing.

Sshh fool. Jheez. I guess im also a paid troll for dr karadeniz as well am i? I wish dr de reys was actually on this forum and he could personally tell you (keyboard worrier)that i dont work for him.Then he could shut u up for good. Then i wouldnt have to listen to your BULLSHIT!