growth after 5 month paitence!!!!!!!!

how long it take to new grown hairs be in their perfect state? i am in my 5 month after HT both FUE and FUT. i had my 15 percent of transplanted hairs which didn't shed after ht. those hairs in picture now are thick and long and i was complete bald (norwood 6 or 7) before ht.

after 5 month finally the wait is over and i can see a lots of new fine hairs in my scalp.

i put the progress pics please response to my questions.

1- as you can see there is alot of fine new hairs in my scalp. are all transplanted hairs are those are again new hairs will grow? i mean because now it is 5 month.

2- 5 month is not too long to start real new hair grow. can this affect final result?

3- when the final result will be happen . a year or more?

4- what is your idea about my over all progress and result till now?

5- which vitamins or other things you offer for next months.

thanks alot.

IMG_20150201_222517.jpg.c8983e16663e6c1559d60842eb972952.jpg

IMG_20150201_222618.jpg.f992290a1201313088ee8447663c5fbc.jpg

11111111111111111111.JPG.67bd966135fffffcaca8695c8316ebb3.JPG

If the last photo is your before and I assume it is then I think you are doing ok at 5 months. Everyone's growth is different and varies but yes you can expect more hairs to grow after 5 months. These new hairs can come in up to 8-9 months imo but you can still see hair maturing which results in the hair shaft thickening up to 18 months.

A good vitamin B is recommended for hair. Result so far looks fine but of course I have no idea how many grafts you had transplanted but you already have a positive change.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yep. Looking great - already a huge improvement from before. No doubt you're extremely happy with the way things are shaping up. :)

In addition to Finasteride, I also take the following supplements:

Biotin

Choline/Inositol

Saw Palmetto

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yep. Looking great - already a huge improvement from before. No doubt you're extremely happy with the way things are shaping up. :)

In addition to Finasteride, I also take the following supplements:

Biotin

Choline/Inositol

Saw Palmetto

hi do you have any side effects with finastride?i was going to start taking finastride today but i recently read that fin may link to male breast cancer so i gave up taking it.any adverse side effect for you?

hi do you have any side effects with finastride?i was going to start taking finastride today but i recently read that fin may link to male breast cancer so i gave up taking it.any adverse side effect for you?

Hi KRL. I personally haven't had any negative side effects from Finasteride and have been on it for approximately 7 months. So far, so good. I was researching the reports of male breast cancer online in relation to Finasteride, and while alarming, a couple things stood out:

The reports have been very minimal (as with the reports of all the negative side effects of this drug). The negative side effects in general effect a very small percentage of men, but it's enough for many people to jump to the conclusion that they're more common than they actually are. With any medication, there are risks involved - you just have to weigh for yourself whether the risks are worth it or not.

It seems that the majority of the cases of male breast cancer thought to be associated with Finasteride were from people taking the 5mg dosage. Most of us are recommended to take 1mg daily to treat hair loss, so that already cuts down the odds quite significantly. From a report back in 2010, it was stated that "three cases have been reported with the use of Propecia® 1 mg for androgenetic alopecia. Of the 3 cases of male breast cancer reported with Propecia® 1 mg, inadequate information and the relatively short times to onset in these cases makes the causal association between male breast cancer and finasteride unlikely." So at the time of this report, that's 3 cases out of countless men who have been on the drug - and even then the results weren't conclusive that Finasteride was the cause.

To summarize, I understand completely why reading things linking the drug to cancer is alarming (not to mention decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, etc.). However, it's important to keep in mind that these reported cases affect an extremely small number of patients and should not be considered the norm.

Research the positive effects of the drug that the vast majority of patients report and weigh that against the potential negative side effects that affect an extremely small number of patients. Then make an informed decision that you feel comfortable with for you personally.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56