1 Year of Rogaine after HT, WHY?

Hello Peeps, first of all i would like to introduce myself icon_smile.gif I'm new to the forums but i have been updating my HT blog which you can find here: http://hairtransplantnetwork.c...-page.asp?WebID=1149

To the point.

After my HT, Dr Rahal recommended the use of Rogaine in the transplanted area for 1 year. My question was, why? 1 year? it is known that after you stop using rogaine you lose everything and also the new transplanted hair shouldn't have any kind of problems. - He said that this helps the grafts to grow faster and thicker.

Now, he is not the only doctor that recommends doing this, Alvi Armari and some more do.

What do you think about it? do the doctor recommend the use of rogaine so the after-ht pics are better and they can sell more? or is it really beneficial for our HT?

Thanks!

Hello Peeps, first of all i would like to introduce myself icon_smile.gif I'm new to the forums but i have been updating my HT blog which you can find here: http://hairtransplantnetwork.c...-page.asp?WebID=1149

To the point.

After my HT, Dr Rahal recommended the use of Rogaine in the transplanted area for 1 year. My question was, why? 1 year? it is known that after you stop using rogaine you lose everything and also the new transplanted hair shouldn't have any kind of problems. - He said that this helps the grafts to grow faster and thicker.

Now, he is not the only doctor that recommends doing this, Alvi Armari and some more do.

What do you think about it? do the doctor recommend the use of rogaine so the after-ht pics are better and they can sell more? or is it really beneficial for our HT?

Thanks!

Guest wanthairs

apparently rogaine speeds up the results of your transplant---

Not a bad idea when youre in the doldrum stage.

Also it is a good idea to keep using it to try to keep more hairloss from occurring

I can manage eating a pill once a day (propecia) for the rest of my life.

But when it comes to rogaine, its a no no.

I'm 1month post OP and i didn't start with rogaine, but using it only for a year makes me wonder if i should or not.

youngproper you might be onto something here.

some of that and some for your own benefit and it's a win win situation.

you are a deep thinker you know, i like that!

youngproper,

Some physicians believe that Rogaine might help transplanted hair come out of the dormant (resting) phase quicker - ultimately, speeding up the hair transplant growth process. No formal studies have been conducted on this as far as I know, but it does appear that most of Dr. Rahal's patients see their results faster from my observations.

Ultimately however, Rogaine is not required for transplanted hair to grow in thick and healthy. I also don't like the thought of starting and then stopping Rogaine, especially since slightly miniaturized natural hairs may grow to become dependent on it and fall out upon stopping it's use. Of course, these hairs would have fallen out anyway in time due to the progression of male pattern baldness.

I'm not sure on why Dr. Rahal would recommend Rogaine for a year and not only the first few months though. You may want to ask him.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 years later...