Longevita [Dr Resat]

Mick50

Back one week after a hair transplant in Turkey with Longevita .I chose Longevita after doing research and it came down to them or Dr Maral .I know it's a cardinal sin in hair transplant circles for money to be a deciding factor and in an ideal world it wouldn't be, but who said it's an ideal world.

In all seriousness I contacted Longevita and they were totally professional in answering any

questions I had ,they set up a Skype call with Dr Resat who answered my questions and concerns, Longevita also gave me the numbers of 8 guys who had their transplants done with Dr Resat and they were all very positive about their experience, although only two were eight-nine months post transplant they were the ones naturally who I was most interested in, the rest were 3-4 months post operation two guys sent me their pics and the results looked pretty good ,especially one who pre-op was totally bald and 8 months gown the line he had pretty good coverage.

Any way to cut along story short went ahead with Longevita on the 6th of Jan.

I arrived at the airport no driver there so I phoned longevita the driver was there but standing at a specific meeting point not with the other arrivals, so no problem they told me where he was then I found him no problem.

Hotel about one and a half hour drive nice to relax in the car hotel was OK to be honest I've heard people waxing lyrical about hotels but for me as long as it was clean and reasonably comfortable that was all that concerned me I wasn't there on a holiday.

Ok down to the nitty gritty, transplant scheduled for the next day at 2pm arrived at the clinic

which was very clean and much as I would expect it to be, met the Doc chatted about what I wanted, expectations etc, I would describe him as a pretty straight forward guy with a no frills approach at this point I think it's worth mentioning he doesn't do the op himself he has techs who do the actual transplant ,anyway he drew the hairline he noted that I had a wide forehead

and that he thought I had this as a young man which was true also because I still had the remnants of a hairline it was very easy to draw the new hairline, basically just shoring up what was already there and lowering by a couple of mil or so I was happy with the line he drew as i certainly didn't want to lower it too much because as I said I have a naturally high wide forehead

I signed the papers he took some pics then onto meet the techs these were the ones I was really concerned about meeting after all they were the ones who had my future hair happiness in there hands .

After meeting them I felt pretty good they seemed professional and very capable , one of them took a blood sample, she spoke good English which was a relief as I was expecting them not to speak English the second tech spoke a little English.

From word go they were very organised and worked together in a harmonious pleasant manner no bad vibes or attitude I found out one had worked for Dr Resat for 5 years the other one for 2 years which was good to hear as I have heard of techs moving around from clinic to clinic in Turkey every 2 months or so

The Techs told me I had good donor which I already knew, the Doctor had estimated I needed 4000 grafts for a satisfactory result but of course until the transplant is being done it's only an estimate, anyway in the end they were able to extract 4200 grafts how many survive is a different story of course, the operation took 8 and a half hours there was a guy in an adjacent room having a transplant who started after me and was finished before so I presume he must have less grafts transplanted

Anyway to summarise I was more than happy with the procedure but of course I realise I can only give a good, bad, indifferent review after time has passed, proof is in the pudding as they say, but that is the same for anyone who's had a hair transplant whether they pay 10,000 pounds, or less than 2000 pounds as I did.

I will post pics at the 2 week mark I have pre-op pics up so you can compare. Unfortunately I hit my goddamn head getting out of the taxi ,went straight back into the clinic the Doctor just cleaned it a little, he said maybe I had lost a follicle but it seemed OK but it made my head look a little messier than before where the blood had congealed from the knock .let this be a lesson for anyone, unfortunately because my head was still numb I think my spatial awareness was knocked of kilter and it's very easy to misjudge missing objects, taxi doors ,fixtures, fittings etc I have read lots of stories about this happening after a hair transplant.

Any questions I am more than willing to answer

Edited by Mick50

Hi mick50

Just a quick question was wondering how much u paid?

Because I've emailed them before and they gave me a quote for 4000 grafts the same as you just a different doctor. They seem pretty straight forward and get back to you very quick which is a good thing in my books.

Mick,

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the community. I hope you'll continue to update us on your progress and share your photos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yeah i totally agree mate there good at what they do thats for sure. And yeah im currently considering him he seems like he knows what hes talking about answered all mu questions that ive asked even though you feel like a pest but you got to ask just for your own sake because its a big dicision going abroad your a brave man!

Add another 1500 to that and thats what they charged me.

Maybe because of the doctor as you say hes more involved in the procedure or maybe they see coming from a mile away haha they obviously gave you a package right?..

Anyways look forward to see your progress should be interesting.

Your messages dont seem to be coming up for some reason.

Yeah i kinda gathered why they charged more because as you say hes involved much more then if i was to get a cheaper deal. Im not sure how many patients he does a day but he said hell do 2000 one day 2000 the next on me so maybe he does two patients a day im not sure. I do think dr karadeniz is up and coming noy yet up there with the best surgeons in turkey but my view very close behind.

Yeah i agree with you on that ine about turkey being advanced in fue id say there right up there if nit past the best fue physicians. One dr i would stick up for is dr reddy hes fue seems to be geting a good yeild for less grafts aswell but you pay big bucks for him can you believe i qent in there site the other day and you can shut down the while clinic for a small fee of 25 grand lool i mean you got to be rich to have a ht in britain now days! 25 grand id want hair like that footballer david luis for psg haha

Your messages dont seem to be coming up for some reason.

Yeah i kinda gathered why they charged more because as you say hes involved much more then if i was to get a cheaper deal. Im not sure how many patients he does a day but he said hell do 2000 one day 2000 the next on me so maybe he does two patients a day im not sure. I do think dr karadeniz is up and coming noy yet up there with the best surgeons in turkey but my view very close behind.

Yeah i agree with you on that ine about turkey being advanced in fue id say there right up there if nit past the best fue physicians. One dr i would stick up for is dr reddy hes fue seems to be geting a good yeild for less grafts aswell but you pay big bucks for him can you believe i qent in there site the other day and you can shut down the while clinic for a small fee of 25 grand lool i mean you got to be rich to have a ht in britain now days! 25 grand id want hair like that footballer david luis for psg haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fisher4man,

just read your questions. As I said in my original thread the Dr didn't actually do any of the

Transplant the techs did extraction, incisions and placement.

I know this is a contentious subject on this site regarding tech driven clinics but I was aware of this before I went there ,although I spoke to some guys who thought Dr Resat would actually be operating on them,only when they arrived at the clinic did they find out, I do feel Longevita need to clarify this on their website as it's not clear and is definitely misleading.

Longevita have 3 main transplant docs on their books, Dr Resat, Dr Karadenez, and a Trichologist all

with different price packages ,I think the package with the trichologist even includes flights.

To be honest I would have gone with Dr Karadenez [ hope that's that correct spelling] but I have a lot of financial commitments at the moment so budget didn't permit.so I went with the mid -price one

Regarding commission the way it works is you just pay the price quoted then Longevita pay the Doctor,Driver hotel etc out of it, they do email you a breakdown of how much the Dr receives and how much they keep so it's all very transparent as I said I think they are a legit company.

As for the actual transplant all seems to be going OK although I 'm a bit concerned because I seem to

have at least 70 percent of the original transplanted hair nearly 1 month post op, I thought more would have shed by now the donor hair is healing and growing nicely

Any more questions just ask.

Hello mick50 and congrats on the ht.

Have you any other photos other than your pre ops?

I wouldn't moan about new hair not shedding as people shed to varying degrees but in a ideal world nobody would want the shed if it could be avoided.

Some shed at different times some where between 2-3 to 4-6 weeks we are all different.

With all the controversy some people stir up just because a doc isn't hands on I'm surprised they've not been here giving you grief but they may do yet.

Results are what matters and I hope you get the results you hope for.

Have a nice weekend

Hi there 1966kph

For the very reason you gave about the controversy I'm not sure if I will wait until the 3 month mark before I put up any more pics. Regarding the shedding of course be great not to shed just I was thinking maybe better to get it out of the way early as possible but as you said everyone's different

I don't really want to get involved in the discussion about tech's doing the operation, I have been open about my situation and I took a calculated risk if it doesn't work out I'm the one who will have to live with the result, but rest assured I will be honest about the result and post pics if for nothing else it may help anyone who's thinking of going ahead with a transplant to help them decide to go down the route I did, or not , as I know how distressing hair-loss can be

Good weekend to you as well

Good for you Mick we should all do what we consider to be right.

The only reason its controversial is its not the norm.

It wasn't that many years ago that fue was controversial but see how times have changed.

Like I said results matter and I hope your going to be happy with yours.

Have a good day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...