Post fue Surgery, Donor area re-growth

seeker323

arnt Fue scars little white dots?

Scars can look like anything, lumps bumps white dots, red dots etc. Go take some oral antibiotics, shouldn't wait, antibiotics don't kill you it kills bacterial infections. I would have taken them the day of operation as a precautionary measure.

Actually I did have some ingrown hairs but not in those numbers, you have little rose welt like areas, no idea what that is. Have someone look really close into the pink welt areas to see if there's hair under the skin.

To be honest you have weird hair naturally based on your natural untouched area. Your hair looked normal when it was an inch+. Your hair probably looked weak in your teens if shaved. There was nothing you could do with wide naturally spaced out follicles no matter what. Worst case you keep your hair at 3/4 to an inch and it probably wont be anymore noticeable in the doner area than before. Might look odd if you decide to keep your head shaved. What does the recipients area look like?

But you should ask a doctor to if its an infection

Its still not looking good at all seeker.

Please let us know what your gp said.

Depending on what your gp says you may be as well getting a second opinion off a dermatologist.

Growing your hair will hide it but the problems wants investigation and remedying.

Good luck to you sir.

Have a good day

Dear Seeker323,

Having been operated by technicians has probably caused the following problems:

1. You probably weren't a good candidate for having a hair transplant, however technicians are not trained to behave according to medical ethics and always give priority to patient benefits that physicians do.

2. The donor area was over harvested with clusters of defects causing a moth eaten appearance.

3. The transection rate could be up to 70-80%. This means that the deficiency at the donor area can be much higher than the hair used for coverage and coverage at the recipient area may be much less than expected from the graft number. You need to wait and see about this.

4. The hairline is designed too optimistic compared to the modest graft number achieved. The transplanted area is much wider than the graft number normally deserves. Therefore, the expected density at the recipient area is low.

I am sorry for the pessimistic evaluation of your situation, but we have a lot of experience in seeing situations like this, as Turkey is the world of technicians hair transplants.

I wish you good luck.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Seems to me to be hypertrophic scarring or something in that sense. Doesn't look right. I think your density was very low to begin with too in your donor area? You shouldn't have one to begin with I guess. Do you have a pre donor area picture?

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I hope for seekers sake your evaluation is incorrect dr Karadeniz.

Have a good day.

Dear Seeker323,

1. You probably weren't a good candidate for having a hair transplant, however technicians are not trained to behave according to medical ethics and always give priority to patient benefits that physicians do.

2. The donor area was over harvested with clusters of defects causing a moth eaten appearance.

3. The transection rate could be up to 70-80%. This means that the deficiency at the donor area can be much higher than the hair used for coverage and coverage at the recipient area may be much less than expected from the graft number. You need to wait and see about this.

4. The hairline is designed too optimistic compared to the modest graft number achieved. The transplanted area is much wider than the graft number normally deserves. Therefore, the expected density at the recipient area is low.

I am sorry for the pessimistic evaluation of your situation, but we have a lot of experience in seeing situations like this, as Turkey is the world of technicians hair transplants.

I wish you good luck.

If its scars its not the end of the world, you just have to have 1 inch long hair in the back. That's what you had before. As for the front, it looks as dense as I had, which as 2500 grafts. Does mine look thin? Heck yea but it doesn't look bald. I look like I have thinning hair which is a huge difference than bald baby butt, shiny freak creep :)

Dear Seeker323,

I wish you good luck.

I wish I never read this but I already had a feeling they may have over harvested the donor area.

I have been on antibiotics and have been using an antibiotic cream the red bumps have started to go down ( I think)

I probably won't be able to just shave my head completely due to the scars and leaving the hair to grow will result in this "moth eaten appearance" I am screwed!

I did regret this procedure from the very next day I had it done, just had a bad feeling about everything. :mad:

FullSizeRender.jpg.fc4b1a79f5334bf2db98d83c36457af3.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg.de7533f1f82304177f6a8bcab3de42a7.jpg

Dr karadeniz is indeed the barer of bad news but I guess only time will tell the extent of the damage I hope for your sake he is painting a gloomier picture than the one you end up with but I think its not going to be a beautiful picture.

I don't think dr Karadeniz command of the English language is 100% otherwise he would stop reffering to these numerous seedy little butcher shops as technicians.He needs to look in a dictionary because the actual meaning is. - Someone with skill and artistry . Is dr Karadeniz saying their is any skill or artistry here because there isn't so I would suggest he find another word to use for these kinds of places that his countrrys government seems incapable of regulating.

You want to lay the blame at someone's door its the Turkish governments fault because places such as this should not even be in existence.

I feel for you seeker I really do and I hope you heal up and come out of this with the best possible outcome but like I say its not gonna be ideal.

Please keep us updated regularly as to your progression.

Have a good evening

I wish I never read this but I already had a feeling they may have over harvested the donor area.

I have been on antibiotics and have been using an antibiotic cream the red bumps have started to go down ( I think)

I probably won't be able to just shave my head completely due to the scars and leaving the hair to grow will result in this "moth eaten appearance" I am screwed!

I did regret this procedure from the very next day I had it done, just had a bad feeling about everything. :mad:

It will get much better, positively. Obviously its a bit sparse in the rear. You will also positively be able to shave your head. I would be worried more about the front and how it looks.

It really doesn't look that bad, and you have months left until the back of your head grows longer/back in. Worst case scenario you have a good SMP artist work on the rear and your good to go. The SPM might run you a thousand bucks at most. Remember the MOST important area is the front of your hair.

Personally if I had a choice to have the frontal hair restored at the cost of my back of my head I would think it was a trick question, because of course I would. Even of you were a bad candidate id still like to have the frontal area filled in.

I think people should consider going about fue in 500-1000 graft sessions at a time to see if transplantation is right for them. Past 1000 starts to make a dent in the donor. 2500 is a lot but shouldn't exhaust the donor I think. Waiting 6-12 months post op should give you a good idea of what the final outcome of your donor area. I think I am also still having shockloss in the donor, you just got to wait it out, grow it out and try not to worry about it.

All the best to you seeker, let`s just wait another few months, hopefully things will develop..

And thanks also Dr. Karadeniz, I always appreciate your valuable, straight and honest input on this site :)

Thanks for all the advice

I am going to give it a few more months and see what happens, if it doesn't improve so be it. Life is too short to worry about a few less follicles at the back of my head, people around the world are suffering from much worse. I'll consider it a lesson learnt :)

Thats a very good way to look at it. We live we learn we make mistakes I know it must really suck but to think in the grand scheme of things its nothing compared to others suffering is a good philosophy to help you deal with this.

Very commendable train of thought which I applaud you for.

I hope things turn out as well as possible for you.

Have a nice day

Thanks for all the advice

I am going to give it a few more months and see what happens, if it doesn't improve so be it. Life is too short to worry about a few less follicles at the back of my head, people around the world are suffering from much worse. I'll consider it a lesson learnt :)

• 5 months later...
Can shockloss really be that severe i.e cover such a large area?

I had the procedure done in Istanbul at Istanbul hair centre (based on a recommendation from a friend) not 100% sure how many grafts, I think around 2500.

The first photo was taken the day after the op (27th) and I've included another pic below from today (10th day)

I am starting to really regret why I evan considered this, the back of my head just looks horrible!! : ( and its the same on the side. :(

Hey, I was wondering if your donor area has improved? I had mine done recently like 2 weeks and my donor area looks similar to yours and I'm wondering if its a botched job. I too got it done in Turkey.....I would appreciate if you let me know

Hi Dex

The donor area looks better now but it is obvious they took too much hair, its not the same as the rest of the hair you can see the outline of where the hair was taken.

it doesn't bother me though, should I have avoided the transplant and just shaved my head? Yes.