Dr. Cooley experience far exceeded my expectations

I just finished with Dr. Cooley yesterday and to say he exceeded my expectation is an understatement.

1. Dr. Cooley place nearly all the grafts himself

2. I asked him for his recomendation for my hair and he nailed it and offered me a choice just where I had a question. I went totally with his recomendation

3. His repuation is great and his live work again exceeded my expectations. He was so diligent he stay working on me until about 8 to 8:30pm for 3000+ grafts

4. Because he is a dermatologist he has special solutions to advance the healing+++++

5.There was no hard sell totally patient focused

6 I experienced no pain. going in I expected some pain. As I told Dr. Cooley over and over again this was far less traumatic than a visit to the dentist. i was amazed

7. they rolled out the red carpet....Hotel, lunch where I wanted and put movies in for me all day long that i recomended.

8. His bedside manner is great and he keeps you abreast at all times of how things are going.

9. Lastly he is a perfectionist. There are areas in your life you do not want a perfectionist, but when it comes to permananent work on your head a talented perfectionist is precisely what you want.

I am so excited today( the day after) I still have no pain and can't wait to start my blog real soon.

I hope this helps some who are on the fence. I still can't believe its done.. I need to pinch myself

I just finished with Dr. Cooley yesterday and to say he exceeded my expectation is an understatement.

1. Dr. Cooley place nearly all the grafts himself

2. I asked him for his recomendation for my hair and he nailed it and offered me a choice just where I had a question. I went totally with his recomendation

3. His repuation is great and his live work again exceeded my expectations. He was so diligent he stay working on me until about 8 to 8:30pm for 3000+ grafts

4. Because he is a dermatologist he has special solutions to advance the healing+++++

5.There was no hard sell totally patient focused

6 I experienced no pain. going in I expected some pain. As I told Dr. Cooley over and over again this was far less traumatic than a visit to the dentist. i was amazed

7. they rolled out the red carpet....Hotel, lunch where I wanted and put movies in for me all day long that i recomended.

8. His bedside manner is great and he keeps you abreast at all times of how things are going.

9. Lastly he is a perfectionist. There are areas in your life you do not want a perfectionist, but when it comes to permananent work on your head a talented perfectionist is precisely what you want.

I am so excited today( the day after) I still have no pain and can't wait to start my blog real soon.

I hope this helps some who are on the fence. I still can't believe its done.. I need to pinch myself

cottonnc:

Congratulation for your HT. I agree with everything you wrote since i got the same experience. Looking forward to your web blog.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Sorry, I just have to laugh when anyone says it is less traumatic then the dentist - you all must have some badazzz dentists!

lol

j/k glad you enjoyed your time, best of luck.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Sorry, I just have to laugh when anyone says it is less traumatic then the dentist - you all must have some badazzz dentists

Hairhope:

Did you have your wisdom teeth extracted? It hurts like hell for a week. On the other hand, the only time i had pain during the HT was a few seconds when the doctor injected lidocaine to the donor and the recipient sites.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

And the sutures and healing of the strip scar never hurt you? Wow, you are lucky - for me it was very hard on me. I do realize that pain is a subjective matter, however I do believe that cutting a strip of your scalp 1-1.5 cm wide, 8+ mm deep, and 20-30 cm long going from ear to ear is not a pleasant experience, at least that is my opinion.

Originally posted by latinlotus:
Sorry, I just have to laugh when anyone says it is less traumatic then the dentist - you all must have some badazzz dentists

Hairhope:

Did you have your wisdom teeth extracted? It hurts like hell for a week. On the other hand, the only time i had pain during the HT was a few seconds when the doctor injected lidocaine to the donor and the recipient sites.

nm315 good luck today. Latin lotus I am not sure who did your work, but I can honestly say today my 2nd day out I am feeling no pain!!! I only feel tightness and pressure where they cut me. As far as dentist, I did not mean the cleaning. I meant when they drill and hit a nerve for cavities. that has always caused me to jump even with Novocaine on board. The only thing I felt with Dr. cooley was the numbing shots that were like a small pinch. Let me also say I work in the medical field and have witnessed many procedures, and operations. Froms spinal fusions, to colonoscopys and have had colonoscopy on myself. I can honestly say this was and still is less painful. My blog is up and I hope to add to it today or tomorrow because I think my healing is going extremely well. I am using Dr. Cooley's spray hourly.

Cotton, that is great - I was sharing my personal experience, I think more post-op in the following months than the procedure itself which I agree, the biggest pain is just the numbing part.

Best of luck and hope you grow like crazy!

Originally posted by cottonnc:

nm315 good luck today. Latin lotus I am not sure who did your work, but I can honestly say today my 2nd day out I am feeling no pain!!! I only feel tightness and pressure where they cut me. As far as dentist, I did not mean the cleaning. I meant when they drill and hit a nerve for cavities. that has always caused me to jump even with Novocaine on board. The only thing I felt with Dr. cooley was the numbing shots that were like a small pinch. Let me also say I work in the medical field and have witnessed many procedures, and operations. Froms spinal fusions, to colonoscopys and have had colonoscopy on myself. I can honestly say this was and still is less painful. My blog is up and I hope to add to it today or tomorrow because I think my healing is going extremely well. I am using Dr. Cooley's spray hourly.

And the sutures and healing of the strip scar never hurt you? Wow, you are lucky - for me it was very hard on me. I do realize that pain is a subjective matter, however I do believe that cutting a strip of your scalp 1-1.5 cm wide, 8+ mm deep, and 20-30 cm long going from ear to ear is not a pleasant experience, at least that is my opinion.

Hairhope:

I understand pain is subjective, but honesty, no pain whatsoever. I agree that one would expect that cutting a long strip from your head would be painful, but i guess i am just lucky. Note that my procedure is relatively minor (2K grafts) and there was no tension when the donor was close, so that may have help. PRP may had helped as well (check my weblog for details).

I only felt a little scalp tightness for about a month. The sutures also made my skin itch around day 11 until day 14, when the sutures were removed. No pain here either.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs