MHR refund?!

Ringo

I recently had a woman call me representing MHR. I explained to her that I was not happy with the HT I got there and she said that maybe they could arrange free grafts to fix the prob. I explained tat I did not want to risk more of the same, and she suggested that a refund might be arranged. I was quite surprised. She said that she would have a manager call me. NO call, 2 weeks. I called back and tried to get more clarification about a refund. I now have an appt here in NYC at MHR to see whether they think the bumps they left on my head are worth a refund.

Has anyone on this forum ever gotten a refund from MHR for bad work?

I am scheduled to see Dr Feller on March 4 for 2000 grafts to finish what MHR started. I am really nervous about getting my head shaved as my job is going face to face with people.

I recently had a woman call me representing MHR. I explained to her that I was not happy with the HT I got there and she said that maybe they could arrange free grafts to fix the prob. I explained tat I did not want to risk more of the same, and she suggested that a refund might be arranged. I was quite surprised. She said that she would have a manager call me. NO call, 2 weeks. I called back and tried to get more clarification about a refund. I now have an appt here in NYC at MHR to see whether they think the bumps they left on my head are worth a refund.

Has anyone on this forum ever gotten a refund from MHR for bad work?

I am scheduled to see Dr Feller on March 4 for 2000 grafts to finish what MHR started. I am really nervous about getting my head shaved as my job is going face to face with people.

You'd probably be the first person in the history of HTs to get an actual refund. You are in very good hands with Dr.Feller. Yes, the shaving down part can be awkward, but it will be worth it in the long run. good growing and keep us updated.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ringo:

Your weblog is a bit confusing to follow. From what i can understand you had 1700 grafts done by MHR. Considering your baldness, and even discounting the fact that you had some toppik on the pictures, I think your result is amazing. It may be a bit thin but you should have gone with the MHR doctor opinion to add an extra 1700 grafts to the initial quote of 1700 grafts. I don't see where MHR can be blamed in this case.

I have less extensive loss than you, yet if i had 1700 grafts, i would be disappointed as well...even in hands of a good Coalition doctor like dr. Cooley.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Ringo,

I too had that opinion. For this result from MHR, I don't see why you thought about a refund. Though the sides of the hairline it looks a tad like there were 2's used and not enough singles. You got lucky, instead of Ringo, we might of been calling you Wade Boggs, and I use to like Wade, Damn you MHR!

OK OK, I'll leave MHR alone. For now! icon_wink.gif.

Yesterday I got 2300 by Dr Feller and his excellent staff and man am I happy! My head hurts, but I had a good time, I now have a dense packed head, (with hair) and it took about 2.5 hours less than MHR did to do what they said was 1700, but Dr Feller estimated at closer to 900. I can say I was pissed about that, but I am past complaining right now. I will post more photos within the next few days while I am laying low. Thank you to all for your support and encouragement!

<STRIKE>Wade Boggs</STRIKE>

(Ringo)

Hey Ringo congrats and welcome back.

In my opinion, he could only tell yield, they could of put in 1700.

Originally posted by Ringo:

OK OK, I'll leave MHR alone. For now! icon_wink.gif.

Yesterday I got 2300 by Dr Feller and his excellent staff and man am I happy! My head hurts, but I had a good time, I now have a dense packed head, (with hair) and it took about 2.5 hours less than MHR did to do what they said was 1700, but Dr Feller estimated at closer to 900. I can say I was pissed about that, but I am past complaining right now. I will post more photos within the next few days while I am laying low. Thank you to all for your support and encouragement!

<STRIKE>Wade Boggs</STRIKE>

(Ringo)

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

congrats ringo. looks like you'll be able to achieve a nice dense head of hair. never heard someone say their ht procedure was a "good time" though....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

congrats ringo. looks like you'll be able to achieve a nice dense head of hair. never heard someone say their ht procedure was a "good time" though....

Once the valium effect was fully kicked in, I had a 'good time'.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by Ringo:

Thanks guys! I put up some new pictures.

Ringo

Nice job bro! How are you doing? hope your spirits are hanging in there. I'll be going on a month here soon. Yeah it sucks, but I keep reminding myself that the future holds more hair, not less.

Can't wait to see your final result!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE