Is minoxidil worth a try as my baldness is aggressive?

sheraz104

Everybody is different but adding Min into the mix may help you also, so your doing all what you can at this stage.

How long have you been on Fin for?

What NW scale do you think your at?

I've been on Fin since June'13. My hair were good till Sept'14 and then suddenly I started thinning again with a heavy shedding which continues to this day. I'm thinning in NW 6 pattern and 22 years old.

Minoxidil is specifically more effective over the top-crown than the front-middle upper area. Anyway, there is nothing wrong or harmful to apply Minoxidil to all (potential) hair loss area.

You can use both Minoxidil and Finasteride at the beginning for a synergistic effect.

Anyway, they are not miraculous drugs and hair loss may progress even if you use them. (Or, there would not be HT forums)

I've been on Fin since June'13. My hair were good till Sept'14 and then suddenly I started thinning again with a heavy shedding which continues to this day. I'm thinning in NW 6 pattern and 22 years old.

Sheraz,

You do not need to answer if the question is too personal. I am just asking because of the discussion here?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177727-can-stress-influence-results-hair-transplant.html

Have you had any financial-, business-, family-, friendship-, school-related or any psychological-related stress recently? How do you fell about it?

I would just stay on Fin for at least another 12mths if you don't see any positive results. Such as slowing down or any gains then speak to your Dr & maybe get on avodart which will be stronger for you.

It also could be just general shedding from Fin & if it is from the Fin that's positive.

Min will help but you may also get shedding esp the first 2/ 3 mths also.

Stick your Meds out.

Minoxidil has turned my hair into a brittle mess in a week and I only use it once at night. It feels like as it;s damaging the hair I've left instead of helping. What to do now?

It's still too early to judge by a week however if you feel it doesn't really help you within 3 months I would quit it. Many people don't respond to minoxidil because they lack a enzyme to make it effective; sulfotransferase.

Also take note that you might experience a shedding, but often this is a good sign. If you really think after a while that it isn't effective, then it doesn't make sense to really continue minoxidil. All in all it isn't going harm your hair and the brittle mess can be from the vehicle minoxidil is suspended in (probably ethanol& propylene glycol).

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com