Was at first told not to bother with a transplant... but... :)

I joined this forum in 2011. I realized I wanted to do something with my hair and almost considered Bosley. Thank goodness for this site and the research I did!

Anyway, I posted my story and pics just to get some thoughts from some of the members here. Several folks had told me to 'lose weight' (which is kind of ironic, because I'm 6 ft 2 and 200 lb.... not THAT big!), get a tan, etc.

That really didn't bother me as much. I was upset that most seemed to say I wasn't a candidate from the looks of my photos, how it wouldn't be worth it, etc.

Regardless, I went to surgeon (True and Dorin, to be specific) and he told me that I certainly was a candidate. So in Nov 2011, I had my first procedure. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the results. I had my second on Nov 25th of this year. I had 2480 grafts for my first procedure and 2057 for the second.

You can view my photos and story on my profile if you want to check it out.

Anyway, the point of this thread, is don't let others get you down whether it's online or face to face. If you are that concerned about your hair, see a doctor and get their inputs. I've seen some absolutely amazing results from guys that I would have thought had no hope of restoration, but I was wrong!

If for some reason, you are not a candidate, don't let that get you down either. I had told myself if I wasn't going to be a candidate, that would be that, and I would just shave my head. Losing your hair doesn't mean you have to lose who you are. Remember that!

Merry early Christmas to all and be safe this season. :)

Jason

Jason,

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Excellent post! It was very positive and encouraging, so thanks for that. A good attitude goes a long way.

Great to see you had such great success with the first transplant - and I look forward to seeing the results from this second one. Happy holidays, indeed!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Good post, Jason. Always glad to hear from people who are pleased with their choice and the results. Often times they disappear from the forum and move on with a new and improved life (good for them!), so it is good to see someone like you giving back with your story.

Excellent post! It was very positive and encouraging, so thanks for that. A good attitude goes a long way.

Great to see you had such great success with the first transplant - and I look forward to seeing the results from this second one. Happy holidays, indeed!

Thanks pkipling! I appreciate it!! :)

Good post, Jason. Always glad to hear from people who are pleased with their choice and the results. Often times they disappear from the forum and move on with a new and improved life (good for them!), so it is good to see someone like you giving back with your story.

Thanks hadenough2014! I was absent for quite some time, but I still lurked around to see what was new. I'm going to try and make a few more posts here and there now that I have more time. I just finished my last class for my Bachelor's less than a week ago! :D

Indeed, looking at your Pre- photos, it does not seem you were a strong candidate, but your result looks quite good. Was there a boost from meds?

Hey KO, thanks, I was amazed as well. I can't wait to see what this second transplant yields!

I think the meds are working fine, but I think the majority of the result is from the transplant itself. I've been on Rogaine and Fin. since my first transplant, no issues, so I'm sticking with it for now.