Because of Hair loss I --------

Because of hair loss I will never approach a women for a date,I have never gone for a promotion at work,I won't swim,I Won't go to parties anymore,I won't go to school reunions..There is more but I won't list all of them..On a positive note I didn't go out to much so I managed to safe a lot of Money and have 2 investment properties,which helped pay for my Hair transplant..So I was wandering if anyone else here has counted the personal cost of hair loss has had on them?What activities has hair loss stopped you from doing?Hair loss sux it really rips your confidence away and for me it's been difficult to recapture..

• 3 weeks later...

We are all here affected by this condition, however possibly our attitude towards hair loss is a little bit different. I haven't even thought about not going to parties or not meeting my friends or not dating a girl because of hair loss. Surely it affects my self esteem, but I think that real friends or sincere girl will not change their attitude towards me because I'm losing hair.

Improve your confidence, do not withdraw into yourself, socialize and you'll not have these depressive thoughts.

When I was in my 20's & 30's my hair loss had a major bareing on my life in regard to avoiding certain situations. I have had my head under a hat for about 20 years but with age it has bothered me far less than it used to but it still really does.

I have even made a conscious effort to go out in public without the hat and there are obviously certain occasions were you can't wear a hat like funerals,swimming ect ect.

But even at these times after a while you just get on with it you have to.

I am a norwood six and if I hadn't have met my wife who is the kindest most honest person I have ever met I do not know how I would have progressed through life and were I would be now.

At the end of the day and maybe this only comes with age but I realised years ago that in the grand scheme of things my missing hair is no big deal.

The people you love or like and that love or like you are the most important things in life.

I've been there and had my hair loss consume a good part of my life and I made the decision enough was enough.

I may or may not get a ht and if I am its going to be in 2015 before I turn 50 but as yet I am undecided.

We only get one life and I say live it dont hide away ashamed of something that afflicts millions of men.

Good luck to you and I wish you a long healthy happy life full of all the things you wish for.

Have a good day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too was always conscience of my hairloss...I was always told I was an attractive guy...as I aged people seemed to relish on pointing out my hairloss!...but I always knew that one day I was going to get an HT..it really let me be who I really am!..it has been 10 years since and I am ready to get a 2nd procedure done soon...we are who we are..so go for it! ;- )

• 8 months later...

Hair loss is more than just visual problem; my self confidence has really suffered.The more noticeable. My hair loss become the more insecure I felt. A healthy hair help them to feel beautiful and attractive, but the problem of hair loss I feel very shy. Because of hair loss i will neglect the parties, meeting old friend and school unions.

Hair loss is more than just visual problem; my self confidence has really suffered.The more noticeable. My hair loss become the more insecure I felt. A healthy hair help them to feel beautiful and attractive, but the problem of hair loss I feel very shy. Because of hair loss i will neglect the parties, meeting old friend and school unions.

I definitely developed a new (and bad) relationship with sun, wind, and rain due to hairloss. Before MPB I never thought about these things, but when I had really progressed a lot it was just hard to look good outdoors in real world settings. I just fell into wearing baseball caps outdoors all the time. It really sucked as I did not even really like them. If you got rained on or windblown you just looked ridiculous, and it only took one bad sunburn on the top of my head to never let me forget to wear a hat on a sunny day!

I definitely developed a new (and bad) relationship with sun, wind, and rain due to hairloss. Before MPB I never thought about these things, but when I had really progressed a lot it was just hard to look good outdoors in real world settings. I just fell into wearing baseball caps outdoors all the time. It really sucked as I did not even really like them. If you got rained on or windblown you just looked ridiculous, and it only took one bad sunburn on the top of my head to never let me forget to wear a hat on a sunny day!

This really made my day so far. :) It is really a more die-hard feeling when doing some outdoor sports as well. I love kayaking and have no problems with wet under my helmet any longer.