Title- Body Hair Transplant By Dr. Umar - 18 Month Update (Strip Scar and Global Cove

Here is a patient’s 18 month update of a body hair transplant procedure performed by Dr. Umar. This individual had initially undergone past attempts to restore his hair. These included:

(1) strip surgery

(2) scalp reductions

(3) However, the result of these surgeries included poor growth, highly noticeable strip scars, crown deformity and an elevated neck hairline.

The patient essentially wanted to conceal these mistakes and achieve improved coverage for the hairline, temples and crown.

He continued to have somewhat of an ample supply of donor follicles remaining on his head. However, this was still insufficient to meet the repair and coverage objectives for his latest operation.

Dr. Umar compiled a donor pool of 7286 grafts:

(1) 4458 grafts from the scalp

(2) 2654 grafts from the beard area

(3) 174 grafts from the nape

The patient requested a mature, age-appropriate hairline along with temple points designed to suit this contour. Dr. Umar was able to create the desired coverage and aesthetic details. Due to the severity of the scarring, a substantial portion of the donor follicles were used to conceal these areas.

The growth angle of beard hair tends to be sharper than head hair. And because of this, graft damage is a significant risk with the basic cylindrical design of standard Follicular Unit Extraction punches.

Dr. Umar therefore designed his UGraft technology to enable the safe removal of different types of hair throughout the body. Using this approach, patients are able to achieve more ideal forms of coverage despite having limited head donor supplies.

The before photos shown here were taken by the patient himself. He wanted to clearly show the issues he sought to correct by photographing his hair while it was wet so that the scalp would be quite visible.

The images of his results at eighteen months were taken by our office.

front-before-after.jpg

right-rear-scarring-before-after.jpg

crown-before-after1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xX8rrNSInw

If the player is not displaying above, here is a link to his before and after video. Click here

Edited by Abbie
added video module.

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I'm sure the patient loss good on person but the photos just don't tell enough of the story.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Here are some additional photos of the same patient above which show:

(1) the full extent of scarring (as seen on the shaved areas on the back of the head right before surgery

(2) the markings that designate the new hairline and temple points (these also illustrate the extent of recession in both contours)

front-before-after-final.jpg

scarring-before-after-final.jpg

scarring-left-before-after-final.jpg

temples-before-after.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xX8rrNSInw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Abbie
trying to add you tube video

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Poor guy and his previous surgerys look like the doc used a chain saw they should be ashamed of themselves.

They should be named here so others can avoid them like the plague as they obviously don't care for others at all.

How people can do work like that and profit from someone else's misery astounds me.

The poor chap is in a far better place now after yet another excellent repair by Dr umar.

Good luck to the patient its about time he had some.

Who were the patients previous doctors(butchers) ?

Have a good day all

Edited by 1966kph

more reasons to steer clear of FUT unless u choose one of maybe 3 doctors on the planet to perform. what a hack job! nice improvement tho from dr umar.

I wud like to see how well the beard healed. thats about as many beard grafts as I've ever heard being extracted.