Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff/Dermatitis

Hey guys. I just wanted to share this exciting little discovery with any of you suffering from dandruff/dry scalp/dermatitis/etc. I've had a problem with it since I was a kid (dermatitis and dry scalp, specifically) and have never found anything that would really work. I tried all the dandruff shampoos over the past 20 years and have never had much success. My scalp has even gotten so bad at times that it gets all red and scabby and super itchy, which is not only painful, but can be quite embarrassing as well.

Oddly enough, after my HT several months ago and buzzing my head completely, it all stopped (I assume because the hair was so short and the scalp was able to breathe? I have no idea). But once my hair started growing back in, the flaky scalp/dandruff started back up at full force. I tried coconut oil, which helped a bit with keeping the scalp moisturized, but the flakes would pick back up a couple days later. (Not to mention, the oil stays in your hair for a bit and looks really shiny - which you may or may not care for.) Anyway.... Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is proving to be my miracle cure. :)

At first, I simply applied the vinegar directly to my scalp to really give my scalp an aggressive cleansing. Since then, I have added the vinegar to my regular shampoo at about a 1:1 ratio and use it about every other day. So far, it has stopped the flakes and itchiness completely.... 3 weeks and counting. Hallelujah.

Side note: Try to followup with something in your hair that will mask that vinegar smell so people don't smell the ACV when you walk by. It's not the most attractive scent out there. (Speaking from personal experience.... :cool:)

Would love to hear if anyone else has success with this.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...

Just saw this post. Interestingly I have been using braggs apple cider vinegar on my scalp for the last few days as I have sebborheic dermatitis and it's been excellent so far!

Have been diluting it 1:1 with water and applying for 15mins before washing out. Hoping to only do it twice a week from next week.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Just saw this post. Interestingly I have been using braggs apple cider vinegar on my scalp for the last few days as I have sebborheic dermatitis and it's been excellent so far!

Have been diluting it 1:1 with water and applying for 15mins before washing out. Hoping to only do it twice a week from next week.

So glad this is working for you too! All these years, who knew there was such a simple, cheap, natural cure for all the itchy, flaky, woes of my scalp. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 3 months later...