25. Hate my hairline. Want a transplant. Thoughts?

Tried taking Propecia back in September and it was a fail. Got very bad brain frog after only taking two doses of 0.25 mg. So the only thing I'm currently doing now to fight my hair loss is Regenpure DR every other day and S5 cream on my hairline every night.

So here's the deal. I hate my hairline and want a straighter one. I have no idea when it started to recede. From the age of 13 to 23 I had long hair and never paid attention to my hairline until I cut my hair short and noticed I couldn't style it the way I wanted. I just turned 25 and at least a NW2. I can get a transplant done if I want, money is not a problem, but how stupid would it be to get one right now? Should I wait a few more years and see how much worse it gets? I'm really hoping it's going to stabilize (could happen...right? :confused:). I haven't noticed much hairline recession from what it looked a year ago.

My right side is worse than my left.

10BlM85.jpg

T3D6Nnc.jpg

tKVpHol.jpg

Hair loss sucks.

Tried taking Propecia back in September and it was a fail. Got very bad brain frog after only taking two doses of 0.25 mg. So the only thing I'm currently doing now to fight my hair loss is Regenpure DR every other day and S5 cream on my hairline every night.

So here's the deal. I hate my hairline and want a straighter one. I have no idea when it started to recede. From the age of 13 to 23 I had long hair and never paid attention to my hairline until I cut my hair short and noticed I couldn't style it the way I wanted. I just turned 25 and at least a NW2. I can get a transplant done if I want, money is not a problem, but how stupid would it be to get one right now? Should I wait a few more years and see how much worse it gets? I'm really hoping it's going to stabilize (could happen...right? :confused:). I haven't noticed much hairline recession from what it looked a year ago.

My right side is worse than my left.

10BlM85.jpg

T3D6Nnc.jpg

tKVpHol.jpg

Hair loss sucks.

What side do you part your hair on? Often times that one will recede faster. I am not a fan of young folks trying to lower their hairline back to their 16 year old glory days, especially if your family history suggests you will continue to lose hair. Imagine losing your hair behind your transplants as you age - you'll need to keep doing transplants for many years to come so it does not look funny. If you are confident you won't get to Norwood 3 or 4 based on family history, you could probably do an FUE session now and get on meds to try and stabilize.

Just try fin again and ride out the sides maybe? You can try experimental stuff (RU) maybe? You shouldn't consider a hair transplant at your age until you can stabilize the loss.

Nooo way. The brain fog/dissociation feeling was horrible. I would just want to lay in bed and sleep because being awake meant I had to deal with the mental sides. I was so scared I was never going to feel like my old self again. It took me over a month to get back to normal. This is only after taking 0.25 mg twice! I've been on an SSRI (Citalopram) since 2010, so maybe it made it worse? I took the Fin before bed and in the morning took my citalopram like a normally do. And it was an hour after taking the citalopram that I started feeling dizzy/couldn't concentrate/ect.

I was thinking about trying RU, but let's say I started taking it for like a year then decide to get a transplant after that. Won't I have to stop applications for a while for my scalp to heal? And if I do that, I might experience a nasty shed. Seems like something you have to apply religiously.

My mom's dad went NW 5/6 bald. His 4 sons have some loss, but not like he had. My dad's dad has a good amount of hair still for his old age. My dad had a mature hairline in his 30s from the looks of his pictures, and it's still OK now in his 50s but he took steroids in his 40s so it's hard to really say. My two younger brothers (19 and 23) have straighter hairlines than me.

If I need to get more than one HT done in my life time, then so be it. I just wish knew how much more I'm going to lose, ya know?

My plan originally was to take Fin for a year and then go get a FUE. But since I got Fin sides, I'm kind of lost now.

0.25 mg twice

That's all the fin you ever used? Seems like me back in october/november of 2011 when I used finasteride once and felt what I thought to be super heavy side effects like gyno and e.d. and quit for a few months only to use it every day starting February of 2012 without any problems what so ever after a day. Seeing my crown starting to go made me want to try it again. Anyway, I bet you could quit RU for two weeks without problems for a HT. I'm not sure how I'd feel about relying on experimentals only tho but for some people, it's their only option.

go to a doc that can create a hairline without being overly conservative, or is a facial framing expert. the height of your widows peak looks reasonable, but i can see that the sides are elevated. some docs here may tell you they will lower the hairline, but in reality they might not once you paid them. just be careful. when they got your money and deposit, some may try to dictate what they are able to do for you ignoring your original requests in email and conversations as to what was to be done as agreed. A proper facial framing assessment will be needed. make sure when they draw on your head with that damn pen or mascara, they don't plant behind the marking, but on the marking itself. Some docs are slick like that or retrace markings to give a feel of how your hairline will look, but it is innacurrate since they thicken the markings to give you a fictitious starting point.

If you decide on FUE, have you checked out surgeons in Europe or Turkey? They are coming up with some nice results, and can frame face pretty well it seems, based on results posted.

Off fin, especially, I would wait a while and see where it goes.

25 is very young with no meds to set a hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The discovery of your hair loss was not unlike mine. Like you, I kept my hair longer and always obscured the hairline. Then, one day, I tried cutting it shorter, and I couldn't understand why it didn't look right. I kept thinking that I'd gotten a bad haircut!

Then, of course, the reality set in.

My advice is to get to 30 and then decide. In layman's terms, by the time you're 30, the DHT faucet's been on awhile, so you can gauge your hair's reaction to it and plan accordingly.