Confused on Density

I'm a little confused concerning the density after a hair transplant. It was my understanding that the goal was to receive results of 50 percent or greater hair density? It would be nice to have a cut of at least a 6 clip, but when I cut it that short I have very little density. I've had two transplants due to for whatever reason the first one didn't grow in to well. So, now I'm one year post after the second transplant and the second one had growth a little better than the first. On my follow up with the doctor, I was told not to wear my hair short to grow it long. I thought the main goal of a hair transplant was to achieve hair density where it looked like you weren't bald not to wear your hair long in order or cover your bald spots. I'd like to get some opinions on this from the members if I could please? Thank you..

I'm a little confused concerning the density after a hair transplant. It was my understanding that the goal was to receive results of 50 percent or greater hair density? It would be nice to have a cut of at least a 6 clip, but when I cut it that short I have very little density. I've had two transplants due to for whatever reason the first one didn't grow in to well. So, now I'm one year post after the second transplant and the second one had growth a little better than the first. On my follow up with the doctor, I was told not to wear my hair short to grow it long. I thought the main goal of a hair transplant was to achieve hair density where it looked like you weren't bald not to wear your hair long in order or cover your bald spots. I'd like to get some opinions on this from the members if I could please? Thank you..

I agree. It seems so many get HT and grow their hair long. A lot of this might be the excitement of being able to grow hair for the first time in a long time. For me, I want to get the HT and keep it very short since as we all know, short hair on a thinning head almost always looks better. However, due to the scar, I do not know if I can go as short as I would like.

The dilemma: Will the HT be dense enough to justify the length I would have to keep my hair to hide the scar.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

First transplant was about 3500 graphs, almost 10,000 hairs. Second one was around 1200 graphs. I'm just seeking opinions on what I should be expecting after having around 4500 graphs? As I stated earlier, for whatever reason the graphs (my opinion) didn't grow in too well and not blaming anyone I'm just a little confused on what the results should look like?