3988 grafts with Dr. Paul Shapiro

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm very pleased with the midscalp and going back to the crown. I am not sure if that is largely due to meds or HT; I am betting it is combination of both. The hairline is continuing to fill out and get lower. I look forward to more density up there in coming weeks. It's quite something that the hairline area growth started from the center and has then been working it's way lower - this pattern has made the growth stage much less noticeable. I basically had no hairline in my before pic and you can now see I have a good deal of growth at the hairline and frontal at week 15. If this pace continues, I expect I will not only have the hairline I desired but also the density across the whole recipient area by week 26. Yes, I know, things can stall and it may take longer, but I have a lot of optimism at the moment,

This has been a fun journey so far, and I am pleased with where I stand at 15 weeks.

Well, I'm very pleased with the midscalp and going back to the crown. I am not sure if that is largely due to meds or HT; I am betting it is combination of both. The hairline is continuing to fill out and get lower. I look forward to more density up there in coming weeks. It's quite something that the hairline area growth started from the center and has then been working it's way lower - this pattern has made the growth stage much less noticeable. I basically had no hairline in my before pic and you can now see I have a good deal of growth at the hairline and frontal at week 15. If this pace continues, I expect I will not only have the hairline I desired but also the density across the whole recipient area by week 26. Yes, I know, things can stall and it may take longer, but I have a lot of optimism at the moment,

This has been a fun journey so far, and I am pleased with where I stand at 15 weeks.

Ya you do have a definable hairline now. I appreciate the positive attitude also. 61865_zps5e2e9ca1.gif

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

• 2 weeks later...

No. No haircut since the sides and back were trimmed at day 20. The grafts are growing, but they seem to grow a little slower than the native hairs. My sides and back have grown long enough to be cut again but I still want the recipient area to grow a little longer before a cut.

Everything may be growing at the same rate and it is just my perception that grafts are slower, but I have a good 1/4 inch of growth to go on the grafts before I might consider a haircut.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look closely, you will see a left-side part in my hair. I have a part in my hair now which requires a COMB, while the last 10+ I have been able to comb my hair with a towel or my fingers. How awesome is that?!

I am "over the moon" pleased with where things stand right now. I know I still have growth (mostly density/fill-in) still to come, but this is much better than I expected to see, especially at 4.5 month. I told the doc I did not want a highly defined hairline, and boy did he and his team deliver on the natural results. Naturalness matters....to me, it is more important than density, though I really like the density I already have at this point. The right side corner is a little weak right now, but it is improving and can still feel stubble on that side where there is none on the left.

Like most patients I am sure, I am always checking (at this point) to see if people are looking "up there", and I have never seen a single person check or do a double-take during this growth process - to me that is a great sign of the naturalness of the hairline.

All good and getting better every day!

5b32e4ef369eb_4.5monthspostopfront.jpg.0aa47dcb14f09ed660cb0072376b2576.jpg

It's really starting to fill in! :)

Thanks for the update, we appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Still filling in a bit. I think the hairline definition is about done. The upper crown where the doc sprinkled some grafts in is really slow to emerge, but I think that is typical. Hard to get good pics back there, but no hurry until something starts to happen. From the side, the shortage of hair on the crown becomes more apparent now than before since the hair in front is there now. A bit of pick your poison - want a bald frontal or crown?...I'll take the crown, but still hoping for some emergence. If I really wanted, I could try some concealer back there too. I have enough hair all over the crown for the concealer to grab on to something and thicken up. I've never used concealer, and I don't want to get "hooked" on it...but maybe I could use it on the crown for special occasions.

5b32e53107723_5monthspostop.jpg.9c571c74b8f39ae9c0bdfadc7232a080.jpg

Showing good progress.

Man I have the same status on the crown. I haven't seen much progress in that area. Doc used few grafts (not many) in the crown area so I am still not giving up on this. Also, Propecia is known to work best for crown. I really hope it will show some progress in next 6 months or so.

It's just been 7 months I am on Propecia so I will evaluate after 5 months as it takes generally a year to see some progress.

• 1 month later...

Been a long time since I updated. Busy at work. Attached are some photos from today on my phone and I also am posting the pre-op for reference.

2 are wet photos and one is dry. The dry shows I am getting some wave in the growth. I have had one haircut, but that was a very mild trim. I may need to keep it shorter or start to use some product to manage the wave. Wow, what a thought - haven't thought of using product (other than desperate, ineffective growth product) in 15 years.

I am very happy with the growth, the hairline design, and even the density is pretty good. I had a lot of ground to cover. The doc could not come forward with the hairline more due to my side recession, so it is very proportional.

The scar is as good as it can be. No chance of seeing it even with much shorter hair. I'd say it took until the 6 month mark before it was was fully "there" where I didn't feel a mild numb sensation. My wife has a hard time finding it when I ask her to look for it.

Good day all! :D

5b32e5e401f5a_6.5monthspostopwet.jpg.b9859991f5e375e8df330b9731a0ceaf.jpg

5b32e5e414777_6.5monthpostophairlinewet.jpg.2b59d8c8edb56475621aca4d02082e1e.jpg

5b32e5e427136_6.5monthspostopdry.jpg.9b0bc70aee60bd1f375cada06a0802cc.jpg

5b32e5e433c14_PreOpFrontAngle2.jpg.164a9e9ac8a27683a425727451631dfc.jpg