Sick Note - UK

jdhillon

Hi,

I have booked my FUE HT in December abroad outside of the UK and wanted to know whether the sick note that is offered by the doctor will be valid for me to take the first 2 weeks off work as sick? Or do I have to get my GP in the UK to provide me with a sick note?

For a FUE procedure, I have been told you should take the first 2 weeks off work, would you all agree this is a sensible amount of time or do you recommend more time?

Thanks,

Jay

Well i have had 4 HTs and gone back to work after each one. ~(X2 FUE XFUT) after 2 days. No need for sick notes. If you wanted you could of course book Annual Leave.

My first 2 was in the UK and the next 2 have been in Turkey.

I just wore a hat to work. Guess it depends on your profession though !

I did lay off the gym for 2 weeks (following FUE) and heavy exercise.

Well its up to the individual but 2 weeks is fine. I took 2 days as apart from sleeping carefully i felt fine and didnt really even have any swelling.

The redness very much depends on the person - mine was gone after a few weeks each time i had a HT.

The donor area is very quick to heal after having FUE.

I work in HR, and I would be very surprised if your employer paid you sick leave for time off from a cosmetic procedure. I can't imagine a doc in the UK would issue you a sick note either because you are not sick. If you are going to do this by the books, you should either take annual leave or leave without pay, or a combination of the two.

Neither the HT Doctor or GP would be willing to write you out a sick note and I am not sure as an employer I would pay someone sick pay for two weeks to recover from a cosmetic procedure which is how it will be looked upon I am afraid to say.

You will have to take annual or unpaid leave. FUE 2014 will know best if he works in HR.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi jdhillon,

I was able to take 2 weeks off unpaid and then a weeks annual leave on top of this. Although I was in a good bargaining position as I agreed this before accepting the job :P

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts