for you veterans, quick question..

I have a question for the veterans.

I've got this annoying bump on my head. It's the size of on ingrown hair, but like a calus. I've scratched it off, picked it off, and even dug my nail into it off! And it keeps coming back! What the hell is it? and how do I make it go away?

It does not hurt, nor is it even noticable. But when I run my fingures through my hair I can feel it! It's not really a big deal, but if I can rid of it, all the better!!

I have a question for the veterans.

I've got this annoying bump on my head. It's the size of on ingrown hair, but like a calus. I've scratched it off, picked it off, and even dug my nail into it off! And it keeps coming back! What the hell is it? and how do I make it go away?

It does not hurt, nor is it even noticable. But when I run my fingures through my hair I can feel it! It's not really a big deal, but if I can rid of it, all the better!!

Well I would stop picking at it, if you can.

I'm not sure what it is. It could be folliculitus (inflamed follicle). It could be a cyst that developed where a graft was placed. It could be something totally different.

I had a couple of spots on my head that were bothering me... constantly flaking, itchy etc. (It was one or two spots that corresponded with where older grafts were placed.) After my last procedure, I (obviously) stopped touching my head for a while when I was healing. Since leaving the trouble spots alone, they have apparently gotten better. So try to stop touching the bump, you are probably just aggravating it.

Go see a dermatologist or contact your HT surgeon if you continue to have a problem.

One thing you could try as a home remedy is to soak some hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip, and swab the bump liberally (and gently). The idea being that if it is an infection, that may help. This is just a guess (and something I tried but honestly didn't work for me).

Im hardly a "veteran" as you know, but the first thing that popped into my mind as to what it may be is the skin in that area may be doing just what you said...calloussing itself as a result of the invasion of the new graph.

Now , take what I say here with a grain of salt, but this is where im getting my thinking from: When I got each of my tattoos, the weeks after, there was a noticeable "toughness", per se, of the skin where the ink was placed. I'm thinking maybe this is a similar reaction?

Interesting to see what others think, but thats my humble hypothesis.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey, I guess if I don't pull a tooth out of it, I'm OK!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'll try the nesporin approach. I don't think it's infected, since it is just dead skin be scratched off. It's just one of those, "It should'nt be there' so I'll remove it" things. Though I'm the type that takes a knife to my self a slits open my finger to get a sliver out, or even an ingrown toe nail.

Who needs a Dr. anyway.

Heck, maybe I'll do my next HT on my self!! I'll use the hair on my ass!! icon_cool.gif

Hell yeah it would!

May not be that funny to ya the next day after you sober up and realize that socialdrinker got ya drunk and laughed at you while you plugged ass hair in your head!

ahhahahhahahaha

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

asshair is a nono gentlemen.... Toe Hair.. maybe.. knuckle, arm, leg, chest hair... possibly, but not the booty hair

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

It could be a furuncle. If it is and is left untreated, it could turn into a carbuncle (which is a more complicated and stronger version of a furuncle). I'd have it looked at just to be sure.

• 5 weeks later...

Hairbethere,

It sounds like an ingrown hair or infected follical. Or it can be a cyst-- which is common. If it is in the area of a HT--then is is on of the first 2 mentioned. Go to a dermatologist and get some antibiotic ontiment. But dont, scratch or pick it because it can get infected.