Using Finasteride Every Second Day?

Soul89

Hi, I started using finasteride 1 mg per day earlier this week. However, it started giving me aching pains in my testicles right away. I used it for three straight days but decided last night to hold off to see if the pain would subside. It did a little bit, but it's still there. I'm not sure if I should get back on it, but if I do, can I use it every second day, and see if that's effective? Or is that just a waste of time? I've also heard about going on the MWF schedule, but I'm not sure what to do. What do you guys think?

I think it is a good idea. Every other day is believed to be effective, Ideally you should be taking it every day, but if you feel sides, reducing the frequency/dosage is a good idea, as the enzyme 5AR2 stays inhibited for more than one day after taking fin. Just do what is comfortable for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At .05mg/day DHT will still be inhibited 50-70%. Side effects may also subside over time. In your case I would stop it to see if there is a true relationship between your testicular pain and the med. If it subsides and reoccurs when you restart later then will know that it is an actual side effect. Reducing the dose and giving it some time may allow you to tolerate it long term.

• 3 weeks later...