Can you wear a hat 6 days post op??????

Does anyone know if its ok to wear a hat 6 days post op?? Just had ht with dr feller. I'm pretty sure he said after 4 days the grafts are set. Looking for advice. Thanks

LVG,

Generally, experts recommend waiting 7-10 days before wearing a hat. This is recommended because it takes approximately 7-10 days for the new grafts to anchor and become permanent. Dr. Feller, however, is a world renowned expert, and I trust his opinion. It is also extremely important to follow your clinic's post-operative instructions closely. If Dr. Feller feels it is appropriate to wear a hat 4 days after the procedure, and relayed this instructions to you personally, it is likely okay.

If you wanted to be extra cautious, you could wait the full 7 days; however, you are likely safe following Dr. Feller's advice. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys. Yeah, he told me to be careful and not put the shower head directly on the grafts till day 4 but I told him at day 6 I needed to go into work. I'll have the next 2 days off after but I really need to go in for a day. Hope it won't dislodge any of them. I've also read dr bernsteins study that says they're basically in on the 5th day post op. hope it will be ok. Thanks again