Balding?

Raskonikov

Ok I will start with some family history. Mother father was bald, not sure what age he died when i was young, but had the friar tuck baldness when he died at 65. My dad's hairline is receding at the front, no baldness in the back, but he still has a fair amount of hair at 60, his hairline started going back in his early/mid 50's. His father had a great head of hair no baldness at all, mothers grandfather no baldness, uncle no baldness, great uncle hair thining but he is in his 70's, no baldness in his children.

I am in late 20's and worried, i noticed a bald spot in the back of my head, i don't know why i checked it but i did. No one has said anything, i asked a few friends and my barber and they said it was nothing. I am not sure if i have allways had it or not, as i have not really ever checked the back of my head. From the front i am not sure if hairline is going back or not, i have checked a lot of pics from 5 years ago seems the same, if it is back i can't really tell. My hair is thick overall, or so a lot of people have said. The past 2 weeks i have been checking for hair falling out, i can't really find any 20 a day perhaps? i have combed my hair in the sink to check and checked when drying my hair and on my pillow. Here are some pics of me right out of the shower and front hairline.

photo_17-01-57.jpg.85fa1b9f4f12cf6e2d8d52cef3a07b1c.jpg

I think you have what is termed a 'mature hairline'. It looks good and I wouldn't worry about it unless it changes. It's hard to tell with the crown as it's normal to see a bit of scalp at the whorl as the hairs fan out in all directions. If a flash was used then this can expose more scalp than the eye sees.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to consider using propecia/proscar.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

No i have never noticed a lot of hairs falling out. the most i ever saw in my hand in the shower was 2, when i dry my hair after shower never noticed any. A few times i have rubed my head really hard over the sink after a night out and have noticed a few fall out 3 or 4. Overall i would say i have not noticed too many hairs falling out like 20 a day perhaps? (i have been looking the last few weeks).

The verdict is in: without any doubt you inherited the pattern of your mother's father who was completely bald. I know because I am a psychic, and I can see your future.

Now you can stop thinking about it and accept your unlucky fate.

P.S. -- that was just a JOKE!! What the heck are you worried about mate ? Get on some Proscar and move on with your life. You don't have any major balding issues, and you are 27. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't even be wasting my time here and would not be worried about hairloss at all. Life is too short, and since you HAVE your hair you should be out there ENJOYING your lucky self as much as possible before you're too old and it doesn;t matter whether you are bald or not!

You don't really look like you are losing your hair to me, if you are it is very, very early. Like someone says, the camera seems to be showing more scalp than you would normally see. What you need to look for is any changes such as increase hair around the shower or on your pillow. Your hair is also spiked, and if you blowdry your hair or use tongs you are putting pressure on the roots which could cause an artificially increased amount of hair loss. Your hair generally looks healthy...I think you may be lucky!