Check out another Rahal FUE result, NW5, 2733 Grafts, 12 Months

Here is a higher NW patient with his result from his Rahal FUE procedure. This local patient received 2733 grafts via Rahal FUE in one procedure in mid 2012 to address the frontal zone as this was his primary concern. He was started on Rogaine immediately after the procedure with the results shown below being as 12 months post-op. I have a series of images that show the progression over several months for various angles of view.

Months Post op: 12 Month

Year of Birth: 1975

Norwood Scale: 5

Procedure Type: FUE

Graft Count: 2733

Hair Count: 5791

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Beautiful work! Very interesting and informative to see the growth progression.

Also, JoeT --

Does Dr. Rahal make lateral slit recipient sites with blades for FUE grafts, as I think he does for FUT grafts?

Does Dr. Rahal do consecutive day FUE sessions if more grafts are needed for the restoration, or does he have a max number of grafts per single day FUE session (if so, how many?) and then require a healing/growth period before the next FUE session (if so, how many months?)?

Thank you for the info.

Hi Madman,

Blades are not used. Consecutive day sessions are discouraged at the moment and the maximum that is recommended for one day sessions is 2500 grafts, sometimes 3000 depending on the ease of extraction. Most top clinics max out at this number, or close to it for single day procedures. The general requirement for time between sessions is about 8 months but it also depends on if the second session will be hitting the same recipient zone. If the intended recipient zone for round two is different the time between procedures could be shorter.

Stinger99,

Yes, it would seem that minoxidil had a pretty good effect on the patient's crown:D

Hi Madman,

Blades are not used

I was referring to custom cut blades vs. needles vs. some other tool for making recipient sites. Does Dr. Rahal not use custom cut blades to make his recipient sites?

Thanks for the other info, Joe. I think that Dr. Rahal's policies regarding consecutive day FUE sessions, max grafts per FUE session, and waiting period between FUE sessions are responsible and reflect a concern for the best interests of the patient.

nice work. The minox really did a number on his crown too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.