Impact of DHT on transplanted follicles

Hello all, hope you are well these days

My question is simple: How much havoc can I expect DHT to wreak on transplanted follicles?

Some say that DHT doesn't affect transplated follicles at all, but I do not see the logic in this as transplanted follicles are also in contact with the blood of the owner just as the original native follicles were and thus should also get into contact with DHT.

If it's really true that they are unaffected, why do transplanted follicles thrive and produce when the original ones in the same area died out?

If they are affected, how much loss in percent can I expect from the impact of DHT on transplanted follicles?

Thx.

The area is irrelevant, the hair on the sides of your head is much more resistant to DHT than the hair on top of your head, blood supply etc have no bearing on this at all. The hair on the sides is genetically different.

People who do these mega sessions to their hairlines still continue to lose hair behind it, and if they don't chase the hairloss with more surgeries then they will be left with an island of hair at the front of their heads.

The hair follicles that are harvested from the donor zones are typically DHT resistant and why they continue to grow even when they are transplanted to areas that are rich with DHT.

Some believe that follicles in the donor areas carry a predisposed genetic profile that make them DHT resistant. Some refer to the transplanted hair from the donor areas as "terminal hair" and will continue to produce hair shafts for a lifetime.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY