SMP Clinic Question

. What do you do in the summer when you go to the beach ? Cover your whole head with sun block?

As far as Matt's technique, I really don't know the technicality or semantics as to his approach, the kind of ink/pigment (should I ask?) when I see him Thursday?

Here is Day 5. It is darker in person, but the dots shrunk. No more redness. Again another selfie with the lighting, bad picture taking.

Anytime my head will be exposed to sunlight for more than 30 minutes, before I go outside I put sunscreen spf 50 on my entire head, after it dries I put on an Under Armor skull cap, and on top of that I put on a hat or baseball cap. Maybe seems like overkill but I havent had any fading to date.

Yes you should ask Matt the exact pigment he uses and other details. Many people do not realize this, but it is actually your right as a client to possess a copy of your chart. Your chart should include all details of your SMP treatment, including Pigment brand and type-(inorganic or orgainic, iron oxides etc.), Needle details etc. If a Clinic refuses you this information they could actually be sued. Most people don't know they have rights to this.

It looks good in the pic, especially after only one session. I think hairline looks fine, I wouldn't mess with it, but it is your head and the only opinion that matters is your own.

Things to ask your SMP practitioner before you pay them:

1)Ask about your professional's background and training

2)Ask how long they have been doing micropigmentation

3)Ask if they have passed any examinations for Board Certification

4)Ask if they use disposable needles. This is so important to your safety and welfare.

5)Ask if they were trained by an instructor who is Board Certified

6)Ask what pigments they use? Iron Oxides and titanium dioxide are the least likely to cause problems. Some synthetic organic pigments are okay but make sure there has never been an allergic reaction. If a technician states they use “vegetable-based” pigments or dyes that is a red flag

Things that I didn't have to ask when I had my first treatment:

1) Matt's background is common knowledge which is verifiable. Again not a HIS advocate but his resume was built on their business name.

2) See # 1

3) This was told to me in my consultation with Matt, Headstrong is board certified and licensed in the State of NY and NYC, this can be verified through a NY business license search which I verified.

4) I watched Matt take out a new needle from the package when he did his procedure at my consultation (part of my consultation) and it was mentioned in the consultation.

5) Good question.

6) I know the numbers but not the semantics of the pigments. I will ask. The numbers were listed on my after care sheet, but I didn't notice them.

Things that I didn't have to ask when I had my first treatment:

1) Matt's background is common knowledge which is verifiable. Again not a HIS advocate but his resume was built on their business name.

2) See # 1

3) This was told to me in my consultation with Matt, Headstrong is board certified and licensed in the State of NY and NYC, this can be verified through a NY business license search which I verified.

4) I watched Matt take out a new needle from the package when he did his procedure at my consultation (part of my consultation) and it was mentioned in the consultation.

5) Good question.

6) I know the numbers but not the semantics of the pigments. I will ask. The numbers were listed on my after care sheet, but I didn't notice them.

Yea, I was not directing these suggestions toward you, as you have obviously already committed to smp and paid your money, and are far past the point of asking preliminary questions such as these. These were suggestions for others who are seeking a provider.

You can definitely find out specifics on the pigments used, by law the clinic must provide you your chart.

Yea, I was not directing these suggestions toward you, as you have obviously already committed to smp and paid your money, and are far past the point of asking preliminary questions such as these. These were suggestions for others who are seeking a provider.

You can definitely find out specifics on the pigments used, by law the clinic must provide you your chart.

At the behest of sounding like I am promoting Headstrong, I have to say they have answered every question I have asked, so transparency is not an issue. But I am very glad you brought up that question that I didn't think to ask about the composition of the ink/pigment.

Yes I am invested. There is no turning back now lol. I will keep you updated as to my progress. Biggest fear - being called out. Is it normal to want to make subtle changes after your first session ?

that looks good so far Thunder... let us know how your second session goes..

by the way where is the Headstrong NY clinic located..is it manhattan?

_sal

Thank you very much for the compliment. I will let everyone know how it went. Yes it is located in Manhattan.

It can be really tough to learn online about smp. You basically have to sift through all of the BS advertising, get past the undercover postings done by clinic owners and consultants or as I like to call them, "Attack of the Shills", and read through dozens of bogus testimonials/SMP journeys. Then out of all of that you may find a handful of unbiased people willing to share their knowledge and experience with smp without a sales pitch for a particular provider. The only way I know to find the best smp business for oneself is to visit these places in person. If there is one within driving distance of your home I would certainly recommend taking advantage of that. Unfortunately for most, a flight is required, and that can be a hassle for most who just want to check out smp for themselves.

Is SMP really a Hair Loss "Solution?" The short and simple answer is NO. The only Hair loss solution is having real growing hair again. I have seen a couple of good transplants, but the good results are few and far between. For me, SMP is a good Hair Loss ALTERNATIVE, and the alternative to smp is looking completely bald. It gives the appearance of "bald by choice", but I certainly wouldnt classify SMP as a Solution to Hair Loss. It has improved the way I look, but I do not know many people who actually look better with a shaved head than they did with a full head of hair, and that is just popular opinion.

SMP businesses charge several thousand dollars a head, and there is a huge market when you consider how many men with hair loss there are out there. Lots of money to be made in smp industry, so definitely something to consider when you meet a Screen name telling you to go to Clinic "X"

It can be really tough to learn online about smp. You basically have to sift through all of the BS advertising, get past the undercover postings done by clinic owners and consultants or as I like to call them, "Attack of the Shills", and read through dozens of bogus testimonials/SMP journeys. Then out of all of that you may find a handful of unbiased people willing to share their knowledge and experience with smp without a sales pitch for a particular provider. The only way I know to find the best smp business for oneself is to visit these places in person. If there is one within driving distance of your home I would certainly recommend taking advantage of that. Unfortunately for most, a flight is required, and that can be a hassle for most who just want to check out smp for themselves.

Is SMP really a Hair Loss "Solution?" The short and simple answer is NO. The only Hair loss solution is having real growing hair again. I have seen a couple of good transplants, but the good results are few and far between. For me, SMP is a good Hair Loss ALTERNATIVE, and the alternative to smp is looking completely bald. It gives the appearance of "bald by choice", but I certainly wouldnt classify SMP as a Solution to Hair Loss. It has improved the way I look, but I do not know many people who actually look better with a shaved head than they did with a full head of hair, and that is just popular opinion.

SMP businesses charge several thousand dollars a head, and there is a huge market when you consider how many men with hair loss there are out there. Lots of money to be made in smp industry, so definitely something to consider when you meet a Screen name telling you to go to Clinic "X"