Transplant booked at farjo

Hi I am new to the forum so hello everyone. I am a 34 yr old male who has been suffering from hair loss for around 8 years. I have contemplated a HT for well over a year now and had my consultation with mick last November. I have finally plucked up the courage to take the plunge. I started using. Minoxidil and fernesteride around a month or so ago after speaking to spex.

I have been reading this forum for around 8 months and finally thought I would join so i can share my experience.

It took me ages to trail through different clinics and surgeons and I eventually narrowed it down and have now chosen Dr Farjo. After looking at different forums and reviews etc he seems to be one of the best around.

I would be grateful for any advice and also anyone's personal view of Farjo.

As i said Mick was very helpful and understanding and I'm hoping I have made the right decision.

Thanks fro reading

Chris

image.jpg.bc1c3f9b180edb602807f4b3c6afa75b.jpg

My suggestion would be to use Minoxidil and Finesteride for a minimum of a year before making a HT decision. The reason that I say that is that Finesteride can often make a huge difference. It will at a minimum, slow down your hair loss.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that you avoid HT. I am just saying that you should give Finesteride a year to see what it can do for you. This will give both you and Dr. Farjo a better idea as to what the medication can do for you.

Food for thought.

Thank you very much for your reply. Mick did suggest I took fernesteride for a few months prior at my consultation in nov, this I did for around 3 to 4 months then I ran out of tablets and struggled to get more. Although m

Not ideal as there was a gap in between it would have taken around 4 to 6 months worth before HT.

Thanks again for your reply and advice

Please do consider taking Finesteride for 12 months prior to scheduling your HT. At your age, this will help stabilize your hair loss. In addition, it will help to minimize shock loss.

Above all, do not be in a rush. You have a finite donor area. Once that is gone, it is gone.

As an aside, why are you having trouble getting Finesteride?

I will be meeting Mick and Dr Farjo next week for the first time to discuss my hair loss. I have been taking Propecia for a year now. I have not seen any improvement but at least it has stopped my hair loss. I sound very similar to you, i have been looking on here for along time and recently decided to create a profile as i am ready to progress with FUE hopefully.

I just didn't nowhere to get hold of fernesteride but to be honest I did look amazingly hard. spex put me onto someone and I am also hopeful my own doc can prescribe them privately to me.

Thanks again for your input I will be speaking to muck again on Tuesday to confirm things and go from there.

Hi Shannon maybe we can go through all this together lol.

I will see on Thursday what my options are, I was lucky to find Dr Farjo so close after looking all over Europe. Keep me posted on how things are going! I just want to find out number of grafts and cost, then i can move forward with it. I have been waiting along time for this

Hi strikey

I would definitely suggest asking your doctor about a private prescription for finasteride.

Just let him know how much hair loss affects you and hopefully he'll be sympathetic.

Pete

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.