Gym / Weights after HT

Hey, so I'm just at a month after my FUT surgery and I've started back going to the gym. As part of my routine I like to do squats, chest press, shrugs etc. Should I avoid these for a little while longer for my scar to heal and not stretch do you think?

The doctors instructions said intense exercise including weights was fine after 14 days. The donor area is a bit sore after the gym though

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

I went back to the gym after 4 weeks and it didn't quite feel 'right' if I'm honest. Then through a bit of bad luck (back to back heavy colds) I didn't go again for another 4 weeks.

I tend to do more cardio (rowing and running) than weights. I probably wouldn't do squats with a bar or on a Smith machine. Perhaps just do them with heavy dumbells in each hand.

I know free weights are better but maybe use the chest press machine rather than heavy benching.

Basic rule would be to walk around the gym like you are balancing an object on your head...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yeah mightn't have been a bad thing being struck down with colds at that time then in hindsight!

I was anxious to get stuck into it after a lazy month and zero social life at the moment. Picturing the new me in a years time :)

Just looking at the routine the trainer done out for me and it includes squats, deadlifts, shrugs, shoulder and chest presses, crunches the lot ha! I'll revise it and go light for another month or so anyway as you suggest and see how it feels.

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts