The waiting........the endless waiting!!!

swayzedo

Oooft, I'm struggling to keep a lid on things from all this waiting. How do you seasoned HT vets pass the time? Work and hobbies don't seem to be taking the edge off and I'm wearing a hat more now than before I went in.

I'm exactly two months post op, lot of hair that didn't shed and just continued to grow which was nice but I feel like I'm sitting at the mirror with my comb like a ninja thinking "GO!"

It actually feels like six months since the procedure, the rest of my hair is growing quite fast as usual and I'm DYING to start some styling but I know it'll be at least another 1-2 months before any real growth starts in the recipient area.

I sound selfish because I have so much to look forward to but ooooh it isn't half frustrating.

I know its really hard waiting (having done it 4 times) but you cannot make it go faster whatever you do. So i just get on with life as normal and try and stay away from checking in the mirror.

You wont be wearing a hat for much longer hopefully.

I do my job, gym and see family and friends as normal. You most likely wont see any change until about 6 months. The period your in now is the hardest for sure!

• 1 month later...

Yes! Stay away from the mirror! That's the best thing you can do. I had some extensive cognitive therapy a couple years back to help treat my obsessive compulsive disorder, so I'm sure that helps me not obsess about it so much.... But I just put my thoughts on other things and let the hair growth take its course. So unless you're actually learning some real ninja skills in the bathroom, stay... away... from... the MIRROR.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 3 weeks later...

I found the waiting period to be the worst part of the procedure. You are a bit in limbo till it all grows out and you can decide what to do. The time will go though so just try to forget about it. Mine took 6-8 months before it looked good

• Moderators

Over 25 years and still waiting.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.