Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

josh

I was wondering if anyone has heard any feed back on Dr. Epstein. I am thinking of having my transplant with him. His costs are for 1500 at 6500. Is this a reasonable price. I have been looking through many threads and have found some positive feedback on him but still too new to find a lot. Please some on the long time forumers, let me know if he is quality or if you have heard anything negative. Thank you.

I was wondering if anyone has heard any feed back on Dr. Epstein. I am thinking of having my transplant with him. His costs are for 1500 at 6500. Is this a reasonable price. I have been looking through many threads and have found some positive feedback on him but still too new to find a lot. Please some on the long time forumers, let me know if he is quality or if you have heard anything negative. Thank you.

If you check his website Josh, the cost actually goes down per FU if you increase the number. From what I've heard, he's got a good rep, and is probably the best in SoFla. Good luck.

I just got back late last night from a 2 week combination "mini vacation" and procedure with Dr. Epstein in Miami. I'm going to write an in depth tale of my experience later, but--in answer to your question----I would 100% RECCOMEND Doc Epstein. I saw him on April 12th, 2004 ( last week) for 2500 grafts and my experience was totally first class. His price was reasonable, I got over 500 EXTRA grafts ( which I badly needed ) and he even gave me a 2 week supply " Graftsyte" ( normally VERY expensive), a month's supply of "Rogaine 5%", and also " Toppik" in my hair color. I don't have any pictures yet---I don't own a digital camera and I'll have to have my film developed and then scan them into my computer. You are lucky to live nearby---I had to travel from Michigan, but I'd do it all over, with doctor Epstein, in a heartbeat. I had never heard of Doctor Epstein until 3 months ago when I started searching the web--I'm sure glad I didn't get caught in the "Bosley, MHR, Hairmill" trap. As I said, I'm going to write a much more detailed account of my experience when I get a chance, but for now---in my opinion---you can't do better than Doc Epstein. So far, 10 days post op, I'm happy as hell.

I was just reading my previous post and it sounds like I'm mostly thrilled with the price and freebees.That's inaccurate. The absolute MOST important reason for going to ANY Doc is the QUALITY of his/her work--and I am TOTALLY PLEASED with the quality of equipment( stereo microscopes, "Wand" anestetic injection devise, etc), the competence of the technicians ( they quickly recognised that I had quite a few, VERY unusual, 6-hair FU's, etc.) and most of all, the very natural looking results of DR Epstein's experience and "artistry" ( he recognized that I origionally had a natural "widow's peak" hairline and slightly duplicated it( with my approval). All of my ealy and teen pics show this hairline, but Doc Epstein never even saw any of my " with hair" pics and I haven't had my natural widow's peak for almost 30 years) yet he recognized this aspect of me. I'm sorry if I'm "gushing" in my praise for Doc Epstein, but really, I'm happier than a "pig in a pile of shit" about my results.

Hello Solid: I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with Rose or Charles ( or any other HT doc except doc Epstein ) so I can't comment on their skill and I didn't say Doc Epstein was better than them ( or anybody else other than Bosley or MHR---which I don't have experience with either) All I can do is give MY " two thumbs up" to Doc Epstein based on my own personal ( and very recent ) experience.

Josh,

As someone who has watched both Epstein and Rose in surgery I can say both are exceptional and either one will do excellent work for you.

I suggest you have a consult with both and get a feel for each doctor. I feel having a good rapport with your surgeon is paramount. Since Epstein and Rose are both superstar surgeons, the deciding factor might be the surgeon you feel most comfortable with.

PeterMac@dhi.gr

www.dhimedical.com

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

Fedup~Good luck and happy healing.question though,did Mr Epstein charge u for the addittional grafts after the intial 2500?Thanks

• 3 months later...

Phillyhair,

Here is the link to fedup77's discussion thread concerning his hair transplant with Dr. Epstein.

Fedup77's Experience

-Robert

------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questons.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I'm REALLY glad you have had a great experience.

In terms of "recommending to anyone" the Doctor you chose, you should hang tough and see how the rest of the process shakes out (regrowth, shape, density, scar healing etc) before recommending.

It is easy to get the 'new toy feeling' after a (IMHO) life changing and likely long awaited procedure.

Please don't take this as a slag on your experience. It is GREAT to hear that you got extra grafts, other goodies at no charge, and had a great all around experience. But as far recommending people to a particular Dr, I think one should wait for results.

I mean if you were post op from a heart transplant and everything seemed fine, then you found out that he gave you a babboon heart and you are set to die in a few months, and meanwhile you recommended the Dr to other people, you may feel kinda goofy.

Bad analogy, I know, but you get the idea.

Anyhoo CONGRATS!, and I hope all goes BEYOND your expectations, i'm sure it WILL look great!

I agree with Borderline,

I know from experiance.

I had the new toy feeling, but learned it wasn't what was expected.

You do, however need to keep a positive attitude on what you just did. More likely than not, you will be just fine with excellent results, as long as you did the needed investigation.

Epstein is known to do excellent work, so you should be just fine.

But, you really never know until months out..

And this should be said with all doctors!!