Body Mass to Propecia / Finasteride dosage survey

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on here has done anything like this? Although there is a lot of praise for the drug there are always some bad experiences and these are the ones that seem to stick in peoples minds. Personally, I had a bad experience but I think it was partly down to lack of knowledge on the subject but more recently I'm thinking it may be down to my size. I am still learning and don't have half the knowledge of some of the people on this forum but I'm a pretty small guy- 5ft 7in, 64kg and I think with a drug like this, the dosage could be very relevant to the mass of someone. I say that because I assume that the larger someone is (more muscle mass etc) the more testosterone/DHT they would have running through their blood. I get that you could have a small person with high levels and a large person with low levels but on average would this not be the case?

The problem with forums are that you don't know who is talking, its just a screen name and rarely anything more. So when I read a guy saying he has taken 1mg propecia tablets every day and has had great results I'm thinking that's great news for me as well, let me try it! Unfortunately he could be 7ft and pure muscle so I'm certain that the drug would have a different effect on him.

I get that these are extreme examples (and I didn't take 1mg) but I feel that there are so many people on this forum who use the drug and have had experiences that there is literally a gold mine of knowledge out there. We are always citing clinical studies that lasted 'X' amount of months but there are people with years of experience- real life experience and I know it won't be 100% scientifically accurate but due to the massive sample size I feel confident that some kind of pattern would form from it. Perhaps one where new comers can see as a first reference what they can expect from the drug.

Unfortunately I don't have the capacity to do this- I'm not nearly scientific-minded or organised to create a project like this but perhaps someone on this forum is capable of doing it?

Just a little thought...

Google 'The Ultimate Hair Loss Survival Guide For Men (FAQ)' and you will find a lot of information on the first link.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, the link really did have a lot of information in it. I didn't read through the whole thread because after the first couple of pages it was mainly people asking questions that had already been covered but I did read through a good 20 pages with some interesting points.

It didn't directly answer my question but it seems that 0.5mg is just as effective as 1mg and even 0.2mg can provide nearly as much benefit as 0.5mg. As these were based on findings I guess I can take 0.2mg and hope to get good results...

Definitely going to up my exercise and improve my diet to try and counteract any sides I might get though.