FUE recs

NYC1180

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm in my early 30s and have been had a relatively stable genetically receding hairline for over 15 years. However, I started noticing more hair in the drain over the past year and started on finasteride, which I've been taking almost 9 months now. I noticed a decrease in the hair in the shower but I would really like to restore my hairline. I haven't brushed my hair back since I was in high school and would really like to start looking into options.

As many people in the forum, I'm on a budget. So I was looking at maybe going to Bhatti in India or Maral in Turkey. I definitely want FUE and no strip. I also think I might have too high of expectations of having a good full hairline, so I wanted to get your opinions.

The other issue is getting time off from work. I can probably get a month to 6 weeks. I'm aware of some of the recommended surgeons doing the procedure without shaving, but does anyone know if either of these surgeons do this as well? If not, I can just bite the bullet, but I'm in healthcare and work with patients quite a bit.

Also, I'm certainly not committed to either of these surgeons and am wide open to suggestions.

Thanks!

PS if you have surgeon suggestions and know their approx price, that would be appreciated.

5b32e02be42a6_photo1.jpg.2310597ed0e4e884f4a606ec6f6a9254.jpg

5b32e02c001ec_photo2.jpg.0a651a4c60f53052b9b29b0fbe1dcaac.jpg

5b32e02c0e83d_photo5.jpg.ba00e2d2a70bcb70c971ec42a1246f79.jpg

You can look at my profile for my procedure with Dr. Gabel, I am very happy with his work thusfar, and await the results. I have a similar recession to yours and went FUE for a 2102 graphs hairline procedure. It looks like your hair is long, so you may be able to cover it up after the procedure. I am having some after procedure challenges trying to cover up the frontal hairline, but am making it work with a hat prescribed by my doc for 2 months. And I have changed my hairstyle to comb forward also. I do wish I had grown it as long as possible to really cover up the frontal portion, but the back would have been shaved either way for FUE. Which by 4 weeks is grown out already, you can see my pics.

Hope this helps you, for prices you can message me.

If you will it, they will come.

Good that you are on finasteride. A month to 6 weeks is a fantastic amount of time to take off but with FUE I think you could get away with half that.

If I were in your position I'd probably go to Koray Erdogan in Turkey. I think his rate is about EUR2.5 per graft and you probably need about 2000. So that comes to $6,800.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day