Post Op Scabbing/ Shedding

Hey guys

I'm now on day 10 post op. I've noticed since day 8 scabs are flaking off with hair in them, I'd say I've lost about 20-30 hairs like this. The Dr advised that shedding would start between 2nd/3rd week and I'm worried it's started too early.

Also, yesterday, a couple of scabs fells off after gentle massage from washing that bled slightly. I've checked the graft sites, but they still have the hair poking out through them.

Generally, I'm still slightly pink and some of the graft sites feel tender when washing.

I had my head shaved and I'm disappointed that my crown area looks much thinner than it did before the shave. It just doesn't seem to be growing back as quick. I had 200 grafts placed there at last minute, so wonder if this is shock loss?

Sorry to have a moan...think it's post op blues :-(

Im 4 months out from my latest FUE (Dr Maral) and starting to see some growth already. This is my 4th HT - each time has been different in growth.

Crown taking the longest.

I know its hard but the first few months are difficult - as you usually look worse than before. However after 3 months or so you will start to get growth.

Cheers Dutch and thanks again Johnboy.

The recipient sites had this film-like coating in between the grafts. It's slowly falling away with each gentle wash. Some of these bits peel and flake with actual hair. It's weird...like my scalp was covered in fine clingfilm (no ointment or product was used so guess this is just my reaction to the grafts). I'm gently rubbing my hair with baby shampoo during daily washes, I'm using the palms of my hands and now on day 10 adding slight pressure with fingers. Is that too much at this stage?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Vitamin 'E' coconut oil just over the counter at a local pharmacy. Pretty cheap and folk use it as a general skin conditioner/moisturiser. Just gently massaged into the skin of the donor and recipient areas. Amazing how all the little crusty flakes just come away with the oil over a period of days.

My hair is shedding now (just little 'mm' hairs falling out) and this is from about 4 weeks post-op. And 'yes'... as the good folk have said with their own experiences, it's actually starting to look pretty patchy right now.

But it's not a sprint...more like a long triathalon...so I'm just pacing myself and planning fun things for a year's time! 'Without' a hat (thankfully I'm a hat person anyway, so... the hat wearing hasn't drawn any raised eye-brows).

Keep going with the Vitamin 'E' oil and 'Good Luck' with your journey.

C'est la vie with F.U.E..!! :)