Mir Malkani, KSL HAIR?

Hi any one used these guys before? Owner is Simion Lindsay I had a transplant with MIR and unlike SPEX and other paid shills ( I emailed him about UK clinics but he is not willing to do any research on any of them, he is paid by an american hair company franchises so seems to do down uk without independent impartial analysis) claim this was initially great result, my transplanted hair grew, no scars at back, some scabbing but less than in other pictures I have seen online. And the density at front after 1 week was nearly keeping pace with my natural hair. It was an FUE procedure I had done, now at nearly 2 weeks tho their is slight sheding starting and I am just worried the grafts for whatever reason wont grow back fresh hair after 3 months-4months and also hoping in mean time their is not too much shedding. I went from nearly a norwood 3 I would guess to what looks like nearly a norwood 1, 1500 grafts but was initially told they would do whole head but then they said when actual surgeon looked at head that their was no space in crown to transplant. It really did/does blend in with my natural hair line esp after 1 week tho it looks slightly thiner to me now than it did a few days ago. I could feel the hair initially tickling/itching through the scalp, my question is this, if my hair was initially growing is that not signs that indeed the grafs where put in the right places, not exposed to long to the air, not to deeply or superficially place and not to thinly or densly packed? If you had really good growth for about 1 week from the new follicles which then enter the resting phase is this a good sign that when 3-4months pass they will resume their growth? Has any one else had a procedure done with Mir Malkani and KSL or wimpole clinic? What was their results, if it was great or terrible please provide photographic evidence of before and afters so I can make my own mind up if it really was as "great" or as "terrible" as you claim. High praise without evidence or high criticism without evidence makes me suspicious its either someone trying to drum up buisness for or against the clinic or that its someone with very modest or exccessively high expectations. For what its worth I thought initially my hair looked better than the owners simons in terms of the trajectory it was going to take thoug he used a different surgeon than Mir Malkani, however now that I am entering the natural slowdown or cesation of growth time period I am just worried that it will either not grow back at all or more likely that it wont grow back as exceptionally as it was growing in the first week, where after 7 days you really couldnt tell the difference between it and natural hair, the line at front looked natural too and density was about same nearly as the hair behind it, all that was seen was some pink dots at front. It still looks pretty dam full but I am worried with more shedding each day it will end up looking thin. For other people with great initial growth and then the 70% of people of hair transplant people who lose 70% of the hair fibres, not grafts, is it normal that they then get great growth when the growth period resumes at 3 months or so?

It sounds pretty normal. Yes, it will shed, yes, it will look thin, then in 3 4- month the growth will start. Why would you be worried that the grafts won't grow? You must have had confidence in KSL - you had it done there, right? It's a little late to ask for photographs of other patients!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Difficult to read into your post without any paragraph breaks, and also not sure whether you're trying to attack Spex or not ??

Anyway I have never heard of them, hope it works out for you, but if Spex doesn't recommend them it's not a good sign indeed

Shedding post-op is normal as Voxman says

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Difficult to read into your post without any paragraph breaks, and also not sure whether you're trying to attack Spex or not ??

Anyway I have never heard of them, hope it works out for you, but if Spex doesn't recommend them it's not a good sign indeed

Shedding post-op is normal as Voxman says

Spex doesn't recommend any uk surgeon outside of Farjo and is paid by certain hair loss companies to promote their doctors, only difference between good uk surgeons and the american ones seems to be what they can do for people with more severe hair loss photos on websites for early hair loss sufferers or female hair loss sufferer's seem about even. Shedding stopped and still at waiting phase of this. KSL have much of same staff as the wimpole clinic. I guess I just have to wait and see with regrowth but the early scabbing and earlyish shedding followed by slowing down in shedding at day 15 to me seems a good sign indeed now day 18 and after first laser session. Hes taking pictures of my hair is the owner so maybe I will be featured on KSL's website at some point, I will tell you which one is me though hoping he doesnt use my real name on his website. At this stage I am just worried about the regrowth kicking in and day 18 is quite early for any of that to be seen so most hair websites say. The result I will get if it grows back in I think will be superb though you could argue that 5 years down the line is the real test to see your not left with an island of hair at the front like some folks manage though laser treatment and propecia if necessary should stop that.

• 4 months later...

Hi spacebetween2,

I've been reading you're review of KSL. I'm very interested to hear of your thoughts now your surgery was almost 6 months ago. Are you able to provide any pics of your latest results and what was your thoughts of your procedure and your overall thoughts of Simon Lindsay and KSL Hair.

The reason I ask is I am also considering using this clinic and finding any reviews are limited.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi spacebetween2,

I've been reading you're review of KSL. I'm very interested to hear of your thoughts now your surgery was almost 6 months ago. Are you able to provide any pics of your latest results and what was your thoughts of your procedure and your overall thoughts of Simon Lindsay and KSL Hair.

The reason I ask is I am also considering using this clinic and finding any reviews are limited.

I used KSL for laser treatment for a while but stopped after 6 months. I found Simon was a typical salesman....he made very bold promises about laser treatment, and told you they would do this and that if you took up the treatment. However, when you started they never did what they said they would do and you were left to come and go and pay your money.

I shouldn't have been surprised... when you look at his background, from what I can judge he hasn't been in this line of business for long at all and previous businesses are unrelated.

Personally, and this is only my opinion from brief contact with the company, I wouldn't use them for HT. Experience and reputation count for too much when you are looking down the surgical route and although they may bring in a surgeon from elsewhere I still think I'd rather use another more established company.

Your post seems a little suspicious to me TheSpacebetween2.

It seems you know very little. On Spex website he recommends a couple of UK clinics (not Farjo's) to consult with and several other leading surgeons around the globe, despite working directly for 3 well known respected surgeons - one being possibly the best FUE surgeon Dr Feriduni in Belgium.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I can see you have had a bad experience with the owners and staff at KSL. Obviously this is important as you ae paying a lot of money and expect excellent service. However I believe the most important thing is the results. I am considering using KSL and would like to find out how u got on. Can you post any pictures of how your hair looked before and now. Also do u believe the laser treatment has slowed down any other hair loss? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I can see you have had a bad experience with the owners and staff at KSL. Obviously this is important as you ae paying a lot of money and expect excellent service. However I believe the most important thing is the results. I am considering using KSL and would like to find out how u got on. Can you post any pictures of how your hair looked before and now. Also do u believe the laser treatment has slowed down any other hair loss? Thanks

Hi Coffeeboy,

I wouldn't describe it as a "bad" experience as such, just a bit disappointing in that it felt once they got you onto a treatment, they didn't pay you any attention and didn't do the things they said they would do.

For example, they said when you start they will photograph your hair and use their scope to measure hair density etc, and then this will be repeated at various stages to show you the regrowth (or at worst, the fact that density and hairline is being maintained).

None of this ever happened.

I stopped going, and I bought a Hairmax Pro laser comb to use at home. I have no photographs, but there has been some regrowth around the hairline, nothing major but I think in general my hair certainly hasn't got any worse so I think the combination of KSL laser and the following on with Hairmax has been effective to some degree. I have since been recommended by a HT surgeon that laser in itself is not effective enough and that it should be used along with minoxidil 5%.

I should say that laser is never likely to give a huge amount of regrowth, hence why I am now considering a fairly subtle restoration of a thinning hairline using FUE (unshaven). It is the only way I will get the hairline back to what I would like and the laser hopefully will be enough to prevent the remaining hair becoming thinner over the years.

So be wary if any clinic makes claims to the contrary concerning laser.

• 2 months later...

As Colin says, these guys are a total crooks! Left bald patches with no grafts in, then lie to you & continually fob you off, their so called guarantee they offer is a lie!

Now I'm also facing spending a fortune again to get the mess they made fixed!

Pax, any joy getting your money back? I know a great place that will remove it and even out your skin. Takes a few months but works a treat.

Nope, did you? I was thinking of looking for a no win no fee lawyer to take on my case. Is there anywhere you can report this clinic to?

Thanks for the offer of help, I think my scalp seems ok, they just put hardly any grafts in & left bald patches. Maybe I was lucky they put in so little though as some of them seem to be growing at an odd angle too.

Anyhoo like you I would recommend folks stay well clear of them, they're not to be trusted that's for sure!

That's a coincidence so have I, next Wednesday.

Not holding out much hope of a good outcome, they've been pretty evasive & dishonest from the start.

Good luck with your meeting though, hope you have more success than I've had with them so far.

Pax, what have they said to you so far? They haven't said anything to me. The actually called me yesterday. I get on ok with them so I'm hoping for a reasonable outcome. However I was constantly told that everything looks fine anytime I brought up any concerns I had. I have been to a dermatologist and a trichologist that have backed my concerns. What have you discussed with them and how did they respond to you?

Similar to yourself, even though I brought up my concerns straight away, that were bald patches that were left with no grafts in, they've fobbed me off every time & tried to convince me that it will come good somehow.

Six and half months later & my result is a patchy mess just as I feared it would be.

Originally they told me that if I didn't get a good result in six months time they would redo it for me, now they're telling me I'll have to wait a whole year!

I've not found any other clinics that expect you to wait that long, but I've felt like I'm being lied to by them as the owner of the clinic is evasive beyond belief, their own post op photos show that there were bald patches left bare, I've requested that they send me a copy of these 3 times now, but they still haven't sent them.

It all seems pretty fishy to me & I'm not holding out much faith on getting any kind of positive outcome from them.

Hi Colin they were nice & friendly enough with me, but it still feels like a bit of salesmanship to be honest, they said if it still hasn't come through at the nine month phase then they will redo it for me, but they said that for the six month stage & I'm already past that.

Can't see how I can get growth in areas where no grafts were placed, but I guess I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt (again) or pay for another costly procedure elsewhere.

I've dealt with it this long so I guess I can manage to wait another couple of months.

Hope all goes well with yours mate. :)

Yup The one in West Regent street. :)

Cheers, that's the one I went to for consultation a couple of weeks back. Prob best defo avoid given the hassle you guys are having.........shame as the place is full of footballers they claim to have done wonder jobs on.

Cheers, that's the one I went to for consultation a couple of weeks back. Prob best defo avoid given the hassle you guys are having.........shame as the place is full of footballers they claim to have done wonder jobs on.

I'm sure if you're someone in the public eye they would roll out the red carpet for you & make more of an effort to give you a good result. My own experience has been far from good & as things stand I couldn't recommend them. Even if they make good their promise & fix things I don't understand why they left bald areas without grafts in, in the first place. :\

Colin it was Dr Malkani, who was yours?

How did you get on with your meeting yesterday?

I'm sure if you're someone in the public eye they would roll out the red carpet for you & make more of an effort to give you a good result. My own experience has been far from good & as things stand I couldn't recommend them. Even if they make good their promise & fix things I don't understand why they left bald areas without grafts in, in the first place. :\

Colin it was Dr Malkani, who was yours?

How did you get on with your meeting yesterday?

Thanks mate, I probably shouldn't have mentioned I was involved in professional football as no doubt that added on an e try 2k to the bill........I'll be more 'on the ball' in future :(

Thanks mate, I probably shouldn't have mentioned I was involved in professional football as no doubt that added on an e try 2k to the bill........I'll be more 'on the ball' in future :(

Ha Ha Well if the price they charged me is anything to go by maybe that's just their normal prices! :\

Hope you have better luck whoever you decide to go with anyhoo mate. ;)