Need your advice. Dr. Rahal or Dr. Radha

Dear Fellow members,

I am from India and planning to get my HT done this year. Request you to kindly answer my queries as that would help me to come to a decision.

Based on my research I found Dr. Rahal as one of the best HT surgeon in the world and Dr. Radha the best in India. I am finding it difficult about whom to go with. Both the Docs analyzed my scalp and suggested me to go for 2000 grafts apprx.

+ HT with DR. Rahal would cost me around 10000 USD (travel cost to Canada has not been included)

+ HT with Dr. Radha would be around 2000 USD.

I am really confused at this point as I want to get my HT done by Dr. Rahal but the cost is overwhelmingly high when compared with DR. Radha. Is it recommended to go with Dr. Radha first and see how it goes and if does not I can get my second HT done by Dr. Rahal. Please advice.

Also please let me know if there is anyone from India who got their HT done by DR. Rahal.

did you also include the recommended Turkish FUE surgeons in your overall search?

Dr. Hakan and Erdogan

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi,

I am familiar with work of Dr. Rahal and am in India now. I have had a previous HT with Dr Ron Shapiro. I have been considering Dr Rahal for my second HT.

I would go to Dr Rahal just because he is much more established and has more work and patient stories that one can find on the web. I am not sure how good Dr. Radha is in dense packing, hair line work, and achieving " overall youthful appearance".

In a few years, its entirely possible that DR Radha does world class work comparable to the best. I just havent seen enough of post-surgery pics yet to agree with this at the moment.

I would suggest that the cost savings are compelling and good enough reason t research Dr. Radha more.

Hi,

I am familiar with work of Dr. Rahal and am in India now. I have had a previous HT with Dr Ron Shapiro. I have been considering Dr Rahal for my second HT.

I would go to Dr Rahal just because he is much more established and has more work and patient stories that one can find on Dr. Radha's . I am not sure how good Dr. Radha is in dense packing, hair line work, and achieving " overall youthful appearance".

In a few years, its entirely possible that DR Radha does world class work comparable to the best. I just havent seen enough of post-surgery pics yet to agree with this at the moment.

I would suggest that the cost savings are compelling and good enough reason t research Dr. Radha more.

Good luck,

Hey Rocketmas,

Are you satisfied with your surgery with Ron Shapiro?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I would go to Dr Rahal just because he is much more established and has more work and patient stories that one can find on Dr. Radha's . I am not sure how good Dr. Radha is in dense packing, hair line work, and achieving " overall youthful appearance".

Good luck,

Rocketmas,

Thank you for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

First you need to determine what kind of procedure you want, FUE (shave your head before the procedure, entirely), or FUT (no head shaving required, but often recipient area is shaved if hair loss pattern dictates).

Neither one of them is good for FUE. Dr. Radha does not perform it unless it is a very tiny procedure, like 500 grafts, and Rahal is not consistently good at it with multiple FUE failures (look up Sean).

Rahal IS aggressive (as is the Canadian counterpart, Hasson and wong), but he is good for FUT.

I personally would probably stay in India, get a HT, and then get a second pass later on if so desired. I have had an in person consult with Rahal and have toured his clinic.

First you need to determine what kind of procedure you want, FUE (shave your head before the procedure, entirely), or FUT (no head shaving required, but often recipient area is shaved if hair loss pattern dictates).

Neither one of them is good for FUE. Dr. Radha does not perform it unless it is a very tiny procedure, like 500 grafts, and Rahal is not consistently good at it with multiple FUE failures (look up Sean).

Rahal IS aggressive (as is the Canadian counterpart, Hasson and wong), but he is good for FUT.

I personally would probably stay in India, get a HT, and then get a second pass later on if so desired. I have had an in person consult with Rahal and have toured his clinic.

Thank you for your response. Most probably ill go for FUT for its yield and dense look.

Thank you for your response. Most probably ill go for FUT for its yield and dense look.

FUE with the right surgeon can provide just as good of a yield and density. FUE having less yield is a myth that has been obliterated.. It is based on the skill of the clinic, not the method itself. I think most clinics are not adept at FUE, but there are about ten worldwide that provide FUE just as good as the best strip results. Choose your surgeon wisely.

FUE with the right surgeon can provide just as good of a yield and density. FUE having less yield is a myth that has been obliterated.. It is based on the skill of the clinic, not the method itself. I think most clinics are not adept at FUE, but there are about ten worldwide that provide FUE just as good as the best strip results. Choose your surgeon wisely.

Hey Mickey85,

Thank you for the info. By any chance do you have the list of Surgeons who are best in FUE ?