Anti-Hair loss shampoo caused Hairloss???

Hello all,

I've been using Regaine and Revivogen combination with very good results for some time now. Lately in the past 2 weeks I decided to add (greedy man) an anti hairloss shampoo called seba med in the mix to see if it gives something more. The problem is that I have noticed increased hairloss (medium to small hairs fall) which got me to look maybe one month before or more. I noticed also that this fits the period where I started this shampoo. Could the shampoo caused this hairloss??? It works with caffeine and gingo miloba which claims it increases the blood flow around the follicles.. It says do not leave no more than 2 minutes and I have observed this instruction. Maybe it spoils the minoxodil-revivogen combination? What do you guys believe? I am thinking to stop this.

P.S. At the same period i stopped taking vitamins for hair, just to give my liver a rest. Dont know if this relates.

Syban,

I tried searching the internet for the specific ingredients in Sebamed shampoo, but didn't find anything conclusive. Does the shampoo contain anything that claims to topically block DHT (i.e. ketoconazole, saw palmetto, etc)? I know it claims to be "soap less" and slightly acidic (pH of 5.5), but I'm not sure either of these would have accelerated your hair loss.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Syban,

I tried searching the internet for the specific ingredients in Sebamed shampoo, but didn't find anything conclusive. Does the shampoo contain anything that claims to topically block DHT (i.e. ketoconazole, saw palmetto, etc)? I know it claims to be "soap less" and slightly acidic (pH of 5.5), but I'm not sure either of these would have accelerated your hair loss.

Hello F_HT Doc,

It is actually seba med anti hairloss shampoo because they have a variety of different shampoos. This one has caffeine and gingo miloba which are for microstimulation and increased bloodflow. So I do not think they have any dht blocking ingredients. I do not know then why it did me harm (if it did). Does increased bloodflow means more DHT to the scalp? Could this be a factor? The good nutrients go there as well but if it is more DHT along with more nutrients I think since I have hairloss it is worse theoretically?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

yes, shampoo may cause your problem because shampoo and other products provide results according to your scalp and it is necessary to choose the right product according to hair type and scalp. Take advice from hair experts.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You're using three shampoos? I feel like that's pushing it. I know that when i introduced a secondary topical product (rogaine then revivogen) i started shedding but like GoneTodayToo said, it may be a sign of it working - your scalp may be regenerating. If anything, have you tried adding ingestibles into your regimen? Topical approaches are great but if you're looking for a catalyst you may want to try propecia. If you want to stay away from meds, try pumpkin seed oil 1000mg every other day. i swear by that stuff.