Question to all re meds for hair transplant

the most important factor here is your age and likelihood of continued loss throughout your life

I will say the same as I did in your other post

I wouldn't recommend a HT without meds, nor a HT without trying meds first especially at your age

the ones here who have done it without meds including myself are older and also have relatively stable loss

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

unless already very advanced at a young age, I would wait until at least 30 for a HT

some people do not want to wait that long I know

if you're not interested in trying meds, than SMP could be an option for you but research it a lot as we discussed in your other thread

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Take finasteride mate. It should help you and very few people have any sides. It's easy. Just keep obe or 2 in your wallet and have a quarter each day. You don't want to have a transplant then the rest of your hair falls out quickly and it was a waste of money. I've never had a transplant btw. But I've taken finasteride with no side effects for a few years on and off.

I've had two transplants so far & I'm on propecia but not on mino. I'm an advanced Norwood & was so at a very young age so knew where I was heading in terms of the loss. I'm likely to advance even further with age. So I'd recommend at least trying a tiny dosage to see how you get on, maybe a quarter daily or even every other day. If you're not interested then yes SMP can be an option after thorough research.