Dr. Lindsey 500 graft repair of skin cancer scar McLean VA

So I’ve known this attractive 43 year old for about 10 years. She has skin which is a perfect setup for basal cell carcinomas. I repaired several on her face over the years and I must say she is a fantastic scar former…virtually undetectable scar lines on her face that do not need makeup.

Unfortunately she got, in rapid sequence, 3 skin cancers in her left hairline. The first was a large defect which I partially closed, and left the center to heal…not ideal, but since I knew she had 2 more nearby, a local flap, mobilizing lots of tissue was not an option…the dermatologist was going to go after the other 2 in short order.

Shown is her after the first area had healed with a 3cm hairless scar centrally, and with the second skin cancer. This is the very first picture. Note in the second and subsequent pictures that the scar line from the repair of this defect is not even visible and she has hair remaining, albeit in decreased density, along the edge. Her main problem is that first large defect which I couldn’t close fully due to the nearby skin cancers.

Well it’s been 2.5 years and she remains cancer free in this area so we’ll put hair in the scar. She’s highly educated and knows that long term dermatologic evaluations are her destiny.

Shown are pictures of her case last week and sutures out today. She looks good and I’m sure we’ll have follow-up on her as it may take 18 or more months for results in that central scar. Her recovery was complicated by someone criminally assaulting her on post op day 4. Fortunately she was ok and the perpetrator was arrested.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

0.jpg.d2590867ac93f18baf91641db728b041.jpg

1.jpg.e3f0750fb82a2bca8d64be7daab50a71.jpg

2.jpg.c9fc7edcbb182f22c36b000a2f6263b7.jpg

5.jpg.68ee5cde7b99c7deeaced6d07b02d4fb.jpg

6.jpg.1a9c5e0a9f04e2c5af4498e721d82ff0.jpg

7.jpg.12d95fff2e92369bdcea1b7f914a9fa5.jpg

8.jpg.ba554f82708cc504feeb3b398fb7dcc7.jpg

9.jpg.b20a3859ae3addd03360b83254f94c21.jpg

10.jpg.248ac5a898fc31f7e8deea3d8fc4cb0c.jpg

11.jpg.5af65a3f47beab2aac36277c06715052.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very interesting case! I wish her the best. Look forward to updates. Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

very heartbreaking case especially seeing the actual pics, hope it grows well and thick for the patient

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)