Thinking aboout #2 transplant but without Propecia. Would it be a waste of money?

Is there any point? I will not take that medicine anymore and according to what I have read, if you don't take it to stop further hair loss of the hair that is already pre-programed to fall out then you aren't doing yourself any good.

I have applied Rogaine foam for the past 2 years and though I have no proof whatsoever that it has done anything I still continue to take it anyway just in case it has done more than I realize.

I have read too much negative feedback about laser therapy being a waste of time and money so I guess I am only willing to keep using Rogaine foam.

So...with that in mind would you still advise wasting the time, money and effort on a second transplant or no?

it depends on your age and how aggressive your hair loss is

there are a few posters here that have done it and I have been on/off Fin myself

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

It's taking a chance. With the chance of future hair falling out, you may only have a limited supply of donor hair. I personally been on the drug for almost two years, and definitely no side effects.

Ron,

Do you feel comfortable continuing the minoxidil (Rogaine)? Both finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil are proven preventive therapies, and I think most would agree that stabilization with one will provide some level of retention moving into the second procedure.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.