FUT/FUE Combo Procedures

I would think that these combo ops would be more common than they are; Especially in cases where the strip come up short by say 500 grafts. Why not just extract them by FUE after the strip is counted to get to the initially desired number? I know cost may be an issue for some but if not, I would think this should almost me standard protocol when the desired number is not reached. In my second op, my strip came up short of what we planned. If I had thought of it, I would have asked the doc to take the rest out by FUE. I wonder why I was not asked?? Is not like I don't have the donor as I know I still have about 2000 left by FUE I am told.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Your doc as he does both is indeed capable of a combo procedure.

The night after a touchup procedure with Dr. Konior and a day of them washing off blood and pulling on my hair there was a small area that temporarily worried me so I shot Dr. K an email on my mobile.

The next morning on the follow up he said "So where we putting in the extra FUE grafts?" I thought that was totally cool! that the option was there (elected not to and post-op and now the area is a non-issue)

Dr. Bisanga and several others Im sure could do combo procedures as well.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

yeah I wouldn't recommend it as a planned approach, but if for some reason you were still local after the procedure and realized there was a need for a few extra grafts or had an accident losing some grafts etc., it would be comfort to have the doc be able to FUE those in

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

For some reason the planned approach ones I have seen have either failed(one was the among the worst cases I have ever seen) or the patient simple stops updating and we are left wondering. This doesn't mean they can't or don't work however, just that I can't recall ever seeing a successful one.