Problem with exercising after my HT

Hey guys, I'm 3 weeks post-op and I returned to the gym today and while I was warming up on the treadmill, my scalp became extremely itchy all over. It's not itchy any other time of the day, just when I begin to sweat. Has anybody else experienced this?

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You can be sure that 3 weeks after the procedure you can do any harm to the transplanted follicles with working out. I allow my patients to begin light workouts after 1 week and resume full workoutsw at 2 weeks. I admit that I have not missed more than 2 days in a week at the gym in 15 years. It would definetly be the hardest part of the post op recovery for me.

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn M. Charles:

You can be sure that 3 weeks after the procedure you can do any harm to the transplanted follicles with working out. I allow my patients to begin light workouts after 1 week and resume full workoutsw at 2 weeks. I admit that I have not missed more than 2 days in a week at the gym in 15 years. It would definetly be the hardest part of the post op recovery for me.

Did you intend to say "you CANNOT" do any harm to the transplanted follicles after 3 weeks? But, what about the donor scar?

Dr. Hasson's post-op instructions regarding exercise related activity is: Mild/Moderate exercise can be performed 2 weeks following surgery. More strenous activities can be performed 3 weeks following surgery (lifting, running, etc). No swimming for the first 2 weeks following surgery.

My question is...when is someone "safe" from running the risk of widening their donor scar following surgery? 2-3 months? Thanks guys

Originally posted by Fingers Crossed:

Dr. Hasson's post-op instructions regarding exercise related activity is: Mild/Moderate exercise can be performed 2 weeks following surgery. More strenous activities can be performed 3 weeks following surgery (lifting, running, etc). No swimming for the first 2 weeks following surgery.

My question is...when is someone "safe" from running the risk of widening their donor scar following surgery? 2-3 months? Thanks guys

finger - since you're a few weeks ahead of me...do you still feel pulling on the donor scar if you life heavy objects? how about jogging?

megatron,

no not really...the whole "pulling" sensation subsided about 3 weeks post op. I'm able to lift heavy right now but I decided to just take it easy for about a month. I'll start training heavy maybe around 2-3 months post-op. As far as jogging, I don't jog. I walk on an steep incline on the treadmill and had no pulling sensation at all. Hopefully you'll be able to return to jogging without any discomfort in the coming weeks.