Head Scratcher. What do you think?

For years I've been a compulsive head scratcher. There is no baldness in my family at all, yet my hair is dissappearing. I'm 36. My hair should actually be really thick, but all through my twenties I would scratch and pick at my scalp and now it's damaged. Started at the front but I recently shave my head and as you can see in the pic, it's patchy and thin all over the crown.

I was thinking of going to Thailand to get hair transplant. Could this be fixed? How much do you think it would cost?

head.jpg.43038a586321870bb3a7be16adce9e01.jpg

I agree, sorry man, but you drew the mpb gene from someone. Could have been a recessive gene that one of your parents carried but it is very likely that someone in your family was bald somewhere in your line.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

you could probably also have seborrheic dermatitis, which in a one-two combination can accelerate MPB hairloss.

SD can be treated but not cured, so even though you have a transplant it will still come back, the procedure may even exacerbate it in the short term.

talk to a doctor or dermatologist about your scalp issues, and also consult with a recommended physician here about hair restoration.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)