Any suggestion for my type of hair loss, thinking about FUE/BHT

Hi, I am 22 years old and have been suffering from hair loss since I was 18 and it has gotten worst and worst, so for the past few years I been looking into FUE/BHT and was thinking about doing surgery but didn't know which doctor to choose and wanted to choose the right one before spending any money. Trying to get length and density back and also I haven't been using the right shampoo till now and I have been using rogaine foam to help slow the process down after considering the surgery as an option. Any doctor opinions or have confidence I can get back my hair back to full and some what length.

5b32df342f8e7_photo1.jpg.2725800d815dc4455fcc66dfcf00e25d.jpg

5b32df3442429_photo4.jpg.890d427bbd504e22da0483e4429b9d27.jpg

5b32df344f196_photo2.jpg.80ec2e56ba232ffc847684997c7a82f5.jpg

5b32df3465166_photo1(2).jpg.f82d8f84b3bbf51c36490f48383075f3.jpg

Hey, I reckon you should get on fin, if you haven't already, and wait until you are at least 25 before evaluating. Ideally, you should avoid having an HT in your 20's if you can help it.

Your hairloss is very severe. You may end up with hardly any hair at all by your late 20s or early 30s naturally. You need good reliable donor hair to have a HT. So if you are going towards the direction of near entire head hairloss, which by your photo it looks like, then HT from scalp hair will not be an option because thoses transplanted hairs are weak and eventually fall out by your late 20s or early 30s.

what type of hairloss does your father, brothers or uncles have? This will give you a guide to your own hairloss pattern.

you should taking finasteride asap if you hope for any chance of regaining hair. In conjuction with topical 5% minoxidil.

If you are in better shape in 5-7 years, consider HT from beard or body hair and SMP. I'm not sure that scalp HT would be successful in your case.

Guest shreyas24

Hi,

Both FUE & BHT are the same treatment but not separated. In FUE technique (Follicular Units Extracted) from somewhere and then those FUE units Transplanted wherever hair require.So you can take these both treatment because it comes under one treatment only.

• 2 weeks later...

Young 22, you are suffering from advanced hair loss that may progress to a Norwood 5A. You are only a candidate for FUE/BHT if you can manage your expectations. Not all prospective hair restoration patients are told about the progressive nature of hair loss or the limitations of surgery. More specifically, you should know the limitations of BHT. Not only do you need to understand what occurs during the process of hair loss, but you will also need to develop realistic expectations. The limitations of your donor resources will dictate the degree of restoration that is achievable by surgery. Your donor should offer you the ability to restore a significant amount of your current hair loss, but you should also expect more hair loss to occur in the future. The future is what is most important when you are attempting to find your unique treatment plan.

Try not to have one single goal or entertain the idea of regaining the hair that you had many years ago. Definitely consult with more than one clinic because there are differences of opinion shared among clinics. For a professional assessment of your unique circumstance, send (customer.care@mywhtc.com) a few photos of your body hair. Thank you for sharing your case.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I wouldn't do anything right now personally. Given your young age and aggressive loss currently, it would be fair to assume that this might progress further to a higher norwood... Body/beard hair can supplant and/or supplement scalp hair. An average naturally full head of hair has about 30,000 grafts(100,000 hairs). An average guy had circa 5,000-6,000 grafts in his donor area to use before excessive thinning/lack of laxity occurs. So surgeons are really limited when it comes to working with guys with extensive balding because they have 1/6th of the grafts to manipulate into an area. Beard and body hair can add to the grafts but beard and body hair does not always resemble scalp hair(beard hair is about 3 times thicker and can vary in texture, curl etc) whilst body hair varies in caliber, texture, curl and cannot be grown out long. I'm not putting down body/beard hair at all, it is a lifesaver to many repair patients with depleted donors and guys who don't have sufficient scalp donor hair, but you should be aware of these factors. Sometimes body hair is more suited for things like eyebrows(the surgeon uses leg hair which is generally of a finer caliber much like natural eyebrows) or hairlines(nape and leg hair, because of the fineness). You generally want to keep the beard hair away from the hairline because it is very coarse. Keep researching in the meantime and you will be able to make a very informed and educated decision in a few years time and see what your hair loss situation is at a little better too.

• 2 weeks later...

@Young22

Hi. You are more than welcome to share any photos and voice all opinions. We look forward to it, Young22. Take care.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians