Consultation with Dr. Feller Great neck NY

Lvg

After researching for 3 years I finally thought it was time to start this process. A friend of mine had an FUE procedure done in NYC and that is what actually motivated me. Dr Feller was always at the top of my list and for years I heard about how he was just a 'normal guy' and very approachable. Well....EVERYTHING I HEARD WAS TRUE! He took the time to explain both pros and cons for each. We spoke for close to an hour. I thought that was extremely kind of him knowing how busy he is. Just wanted to thank Dr feller and his staff for making my decision a lot easier.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Dr. Feller had an excellent reputation for his skill and care. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I also felt awesome after my consultation with Dr. Feller, he's great at putting you at ease and explaining things. I'm very happy at my decision to go with him, sure you will be too!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hey tommy thanks for your reply. Just wondering.... I'm able to wear a hat to work so I'm just wondering how you thought it looked 4 days after. Dr feller said id be able to cover the strip with a hat just 3 days later . Any thoughts on that??

Well the next day I was walking around Manhattan in my hat so that was fine. It still looked awful 2 months later, thats when I finally took my hat off and embraced it. Just have to accept it's not gonna be great for a while but that you'll get through it!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Thanks tommy. Dr feller told me I would be able to cover the scar and hide it with a hat. I own a restaurant and can wear a hat. I guess I didn't totally believe him when he said id be able to hide it. So were you shaving it throughout the first few months. How'd doc feller do on your scar?? I've been researching for a while and have seen your name many times. I really appreciate the feedback. How long has it been now?? Hope you are happy with everything

Yeah you can hide it all with a hat no problem, it's just a matter of how long you can put up with it. I got sick of having to wear the hat everywhere - the 18 hours from leaving my hotel in Great Neck to eventually getting to my house in the UK was unbearable in the end because of that hat. No I didn't shave it, just left it alone for months to grow. With the scar all I can say is it's been a non issue and I can't even find it, maybe that'll change one day but so far so good! No problem at all, PM me anytime! It's been 22 months and yeah I'm very happy with my results thankfully, Dr. Feller did a great job.

I really appreciate all your help. I've been used to wearing a hat so that's not a problem. Luckily I still have a good amount of hair left. I'm very happy to hear you're pleased with your results. I'm just still a little nervous about being able to hide it at work . Other than that I'm very excited. So just one more question.... You're saying after 3 months it's possible to just go without a hat. Sorry for all the questions. As you could tell I'm pretty nervous

I really appreciate all your help. I've been used to wearing a hat so that's not a problem. Luckily I still have a good amount of hair left. I'm very happy to hear you're pleased with your results. I'm just still a little nervous about being able to hide it at work . Other than that I'm very excited. So just one more question.... You're saying after 3 months it's possible to just go without a hat. Sorry for all the questions. As you could tell I'm pretty nervous

A fitted hat (preferably a MLB Cardinals version) will probably fit the lowest and hide your scar the easiest.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had my surgery end of July and then for work I took the hat off in the first week of October...still looked odd with the hair that had been shaven down and the lingering redness. I had a few glances up to my hairline from people but it felt good to get out from underneath the hat so I didn't care - just have the mindset that it's a long road and you're going through a bad phase to get to a very good one hopefully.

It's a lot to be nervous about you just have to trust you've done all the research you need to so you're prepared for everything

Haha. Thanks spanker. I've read a lot of your posts too. Glad to hear you're very happy with your results. When doc feller told me that all I needed was 3 days, I was happy and he really put my mind at ease. I must be honest, id still like him to talk to me about FUE but as soon as we sat down he spoke about STRIP like it wasn't a big deal. I've been on the forum a while and although I left his office very excited to do FUT you can't help but go home and read all the posts about the regrets you may have with strip and the scar. It's a tough decision. I just want FUE to be an option also. I know most docs really prefer strip. Honestly if I could wear a hat in my restaurant with no issues 3 days out, I don't mind the scar. I've seen some including dr fellers and it didn't look like a big deal. Again, I'd appreciate any feedback. Sorry for rambling. I've thought about this a while and it looks like I'm going to take the plunge very soon