Dr. Pong from Thailand?

I am seriously considering Dr. Pong from Thailand mostly due to his impressive before and after pictures on his website. The hairlines look really good. There are also several posts of positive experiences with him.

However, his media presence seems to be lacking. There is not a lot of talk about Dr. Pong despite his many successful ht surgeries. It worries me.

Could he be too good to be true? I would think that the prices he offers combined with the results of his patients, that his name would be mentioned more often. Also the fact that he isn't one of the recommended doctors on here worries me.

Have any of you had positive experiences with Dr. Pong? I need to make a decision soon about which doctor I choose, any info would help, thanks.

Edited by joeshmo209

Personally, I've been very impressed with his before and afters. I've read that he is quite well known as a quality hair transplant surgeon in Asia, so he is not desperate for clients. All the pictures are taken consistently and not doctored with different lighting or angles. From what I understand, he apprenticed under Dr. Path, and no disrespect to Dr. Path, but I think the student has surpassed the teacher.

I had the same reaction to his gallery yet almost no rave reviews from this site? And he is not recommended by this site? Considering his price/quality, this is unexpected. Makes me hesitant to book an appointment...

Well, I'll say this. At one point none of the highly esteemed surgeons from Turkey were recommended. They had practiced quite a few years before the forum took notice. Not all surgeons seek to join a network. While this network has some of the best doctors in the field, you can look through the list and find subpar work displayed from some of the ones on this list. Overall this is a solid list of doctors but not the be all and end all of the hair transplant industry.

From the very little information there is about this doctor, it seems he is quite finicky, often preferring to work on virgin scalps. I remember reading cases where he has turned down people after they had already arrived in Thailand because he felt they were less than ideal patients.

While researching Dr. Path for my own HT, I come across Dr.Pong. Long story short, he deemed me unsuitable for a HT and offered to assistance or referral to someone who could. I wasn't impressed at all. Needless to say, I think he picks and chooses his patients to keep his results mickey mouse. I could be wrong, but it appears that way to me.

I had no issues with other surgeons later on that were able to do a HT for me.

As a HT surgeon, his results looks good. Perhaps you can assess your options of surgeons in India or Turkey.

Well, I'll say this. At one point none of the highly esteemed surgeons from Turkey were recommended. They had practiced quite a few years before the forum took notice. Not all surgeons seek to join a network. While this network has some of the best doctors in the field, you can look through the list and find subpar work displayed from some of the ones on this list. Overall this is a solid list of doctors but not the be all and end all of the hair transplant industry.

From the very little information there is about this doctor, it seems he is quite finicky, often preferring to work on virgin scalps. I remember reading cases where he has turned down people after they had already arrived in Thailand because he felt they were less than ideal patients.

Wow I just looked him up and his site has over 200 before and after photos. I don't know any other sites that offer that much proof of great results. At $2 a graft, i would definitely see hime if I were getting a FUT. Be able to vacation in Thailand too. You could take a 1 month vacation to recover and get massage everyday and it's still way cheaper than western surgeons. I wish there was a know FUE Dr. in Thailand.

My only concern is that such high density hairlines, like the ones from his site, may be too much considering possible future hair loss. That kind of density achieved at the hairline would seem to deplete the donor area.

That is why I am sort of leaning to Dr. Radha as she seems more conservative and cautious of future hair loss.

I am seriously considering Dr. Pong from Thailand mostly due to his impressive before and after pictures on his website. The hairlines look really good. There are also several posts of positive experiences with him.

However, his media presence seems to be lacking. There is not a lot of talk about Dr. Pong despite his many successful ht surgeries. It worries me.

Could he be too good to be true? I would think that the prices he offers combined with the results of his patients, that his name would be mentioned more often. Also the fact that he isn't one of the recommended doctors on here worries me.

Have any of you had positive experiences with Dr. Pong? I need to make a decision soon about which doctor I choose, any info would help, thanks.

I choose to go with Dr Pong for my second surgery and my experience with him and his staff was excellent. My results are still pending as I’m only 4 months post-op.

I stayed in Chiang Mai 7 days after my operations and went into his clinic every morning (free of charge) to have my hair washed and to have my donor area checked up on. During these visits post operation I had the opportunity to ask Dr Pong more questions about him like his history, why he got into the field, his staff, his own hair transplants experience and amongst other things his online presences. He said something to the effect that his website is his online presences and advertising. He also mentioned that all of those patient on the website are photos of returning patients who have had one surgery with him and have returned for a second surgery. I found that fact to be a very profound statement about the quality of his work.

I’d suggest that Dr Pong not being a recommended doctor on this site could perhaps have something to do with possible fees. Just my take on that. From my personal experience of using this site I feel there could be a bias against Dr Pong because he is in Thailand or because he performs FUT and people are not interested.

If I was to have my first surgery again, I’d for a FUE rather than a FUT so I didn't have to have a scar.

Have you been in contact with any of the doctors you are considering?

Edited by Hairvana

• 3 months later...